Chapter 1.

"Consciousness is the crosspoint between the hyperdimensionality of the brain and the meaninglessness of the transcendental."

Does that make any sense to you? No right. That's how I feel about Valentine's day. It doesn't make sense at all. To me, it was always such a pointless day. When I was younger, I used to think it was romantic, a day set aside for people to celebrate their love together. 

Now that I'm older and more mature, I realize how stupid that thought was. I mean, I respect this day from a historical standpoint which symbolizes that love always prevails. But It was somehow exasperating because some people are making it a bit overrated like it is one day of love.

 Every day should be a day to celebrate your love with another, not just on the 14th of February. There is more to love than just celebrating Valentine's Day. Of course, I must say though the industrial will make huge money on this day with all of those greeting cards, flowers, and chocolates.

Well, that's just my personal opinion. I don't criticize those people who truly have a thing for this day. Everyone has their own point of views. 

As I'm walking down the hallway of Lakeside High School, I feel a sense of exhilaration filling the air about Valentine's day tomorrow.

"It's Valentine's day tomorrow!"

"I can barely wait for it!"

"Is he going to ask me out?!" 

I could hear groups of girls in every corner, are talking excitedly about the V-Day. See that's what I mean by one day of love.

Smiling to myself I keep walking until I reach my locker. I could see Katie leaning against the locker while scrolling through her phone. She's wearing a sea blue hoodie with a Donald duck face on it and matched it with a pair of dark jeans. Her strawberry blonde hair was neatly pulled up in a ponytail. Yes, that is Katie guys, one of my best friend and my unbioligical sister. Can you guys believe that we even have a similar name?

Yes. We do.

Oh, yea, I've forgotten to introduce myself. I'm Katrina. Katrina Wendy Jones and everyone calls me Kat.

Coming from a wealthy family, people would either expect you to be popular or a typical nerd in the school. But, I'm none of them. I'm just me. A normal girl who establishes herself as one of the school toppers without much attention.

I don't really reveal much about myself to anyone. I keep my personal traits hidden and tend to not attract people toward my traits because that's just how I am. I stay as a lowkey and I feel that it's always better to stay like that to avoid certain conflicts and dramas. 

I passed by Katie, open my locker, take out my History books and close it back. God who has created this schedule, anyway? I mean who wants to have World History as their first-class early in the morning?

I glance at my best friend who's looking at me with her grey eyes like I was possessed by a ghost.

"I know what is in your mind, Katie. You don't have to give me such a horrific look like that. It's scary."

"Wow, I thought you won't make it up today, Kat! You were freaking out so much yesterday. Remember?" she's basically reminding me about how dense I was yesterday.

"You want me to go home now, Katie?" I stare boringly at her which eventually makes her laugh her ass off.

"Chill, Kat. It was a joke though and I have a spicy news today!" she says with excitement and I wonder what could be happening now. Katie is the only one who was always interested in gossips in my small circle of friends.