Part III

"It's full time and Lakeside win this game with 2-0 against Westside!" The commentator announces and every one of us from Lakeside cheers for the boys who just won the finals of the football match.

I have to admit that I love watching football games and I'm an ardent fan of Liverpool football club.

The supporters have started to leave the field and I'm still sitting on the bench here eating my all time favorite, apple cinnamon ice cream while thinking about what had happened in the past two years.

It has been two years since I joined Lakeside and I felt much welcomed here and I also have found myself a few friends who I can be reliable with including Shawn.

Yes. Shawn Harrison and I became the best friends for life. We rely on each other, we value each other and care for one another and we help each other grow. Besides, he makes me laugh all the time. He's my escape to the lighter side on days when I didn't think smiling was an option. Therefore, we are inseparable.

"What are you thinking about?" My friend Leo asks bringing me back to reality.

Leo Costa is another friend of mine. He's from California and he got transferred to this school right after me.

"Nah, just a recap of what had happened in the last two years."

"Oh, does that recap includes you finishing last in both years marathon?" He asks while smirking at me.

"NO! Leo! No way!" I started laughing hysterically thinking about how an awful runner I am.

Just then I suddenly feel like capturing this moment. Me with ice cream on my hand, laughing while looking at Leo. A perfect candid shot. Unfortunately, I can't because there is no one here except Leo and the players who are still in the field who could help me to capture a picture.

"Apple!" Only one person who calls me with that name. Shawn. He's making his way toward me. Did I mention that Shawn is one of the football players? Well, he is the goalkeeper of the team and I and Leo were here to cheer for him. Bravo for his clean sheet.

"Congrats dude. That was seriously a great game." Leo says and they both exchange a high five.

"Thanks, dude."

Leo nods, "So, I'll get going now. Bye guys. See you guys tomorrow?"

"Yea, bye Leo," Shawn and I say at the same time.

"Well done. I'm so proud of you, Shawn."

"Thanks, Apple. Couldn't make out without your support."

"Ugh stop calling me that!"

"Nope. I'm not gonna stop calling you that unless if you stop your obsession on apple."

"Fine. Just call me whatever you want," I groan and continue eating the ice cream. He always managed to talk on point and win almost all the arguments we had.

"By the way, apple, I have to take care of some things before I come to school tomorrow. So, don't wait for me," Shawn says while playing with my ponytail.

"Uh-uh. Everything is alright? "I ask suddenly feeling worried about him.

"Yup. I just have to help Bella with her school stuff. Let's go. It's getting late."

He's referring to his little sister who is a second grader.

"Okay," I say and we leave the school together.

*************

"Are you not waiting for Shawn?" Leo asks in confusion.

"Shawn will be late to school today. So, he asked me not to wait for him," I tell to Leo and we head to our class.