Chapter 18.

BOOM! BOOM!

I hear the thunder suddenly started roaring loudly like a gorilla along with the rain and I close my eyes immediately and started to chant the name of the almighty God of Thunder, 'Thor'.

Thor Thor Thor.

Okay, I know it sounds immature but I have astrophobia. Yes, I have an extreme fear of thunder since I was a kid. So, in order to overcome those fears, I always do this chanting whenever I hear the rumbling sound of thunder. Somehow, it has always worked on me and thanks to Mr. Stan Lee if you know what I mean.

I slowly open my eyes when the sound has stopped and I see the lightning flashing across the sky.

The clouds continue to gather while the sky is changing in color. Once a spectacular azure-blue shade is beginning to turn into different mixtures of grey shades now.

The rain is showering heavily and becoming more intense as the strong rush of wind blowing through the leaves and branches of the trees send chills through my skin.

While the city of Seattle is covered with thunderstorms, heavy rain, and strong wind, a seventeen-year-old young man is standing in the middle of the road, watching me with an amused expression.

Shawn Harrison. The rainstorm of my life.

"What?" I ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever things that you were doing just now, you can do it after you reach home.

"Now, please hurry up before the storm gets worst," He says and turns on his heel, walking towards his two-wheeled motor vehicle. His motorcycle, I mean.

That is the reason why I said that I'm not going to accept his offer for a ride and no, it's not because I'm afraid to get on a bike. I enjoy a bike ride more than a car ride.

It's only that I don't think having a journey with Shawn in the rain is a good idea at all. Moreover, I've just started to really move on from him.

"Are you actually kidding me? There is no way I'm going on a bike in the rain... Most importantly with you!" I say while glaring at him.

"Why are you complaining so much? Seriously, you're the most stubborn person I've ever met in my life!" He says and I scoff at his word. Look who is saying that.

"Are you serious? Because I know someone else who has a pigheaded behavior and his name is Shawn Harrison!"

He sighs because he knew what I said just now is true. Shaking his head, he starts his bike. I don't know what model it is but I guess it should be Suzuki TU250X. Shawn has mentioned it to me last time that if he ever owns a motorcycle then it will be this model.

Seems like he is ready to leave me here as I assumed. That's what he always does. So, clearly, I'm not surprised at all about him leaving me.

"Look, just get on the bike and I will send you home safely," He says and I gasp in shock. Okay, where is the jerky Shawn who always break my heart?

"I will catch flu!"

"In that case, I would say you have a weak anti-body."

"I don't."

"Then prove it!" He says as he held the helmet out for me.

Oh God! Why do you have to put me in this situation? I check my phone and notices that the line is completely dead which means I can't book the Uber at all and Bri...

Shit.

I totally forgot mom and dad are meeting dad's business colleagues today. So, Bri must be alone at home. I guess I have to compromise and accept Shawn's help for Bri.