Chapter 6

"Well, I come from this really big family" Patch told Thunderbolt as they walked with the sun setting.

"I knew a guy who came from a big litter. 10 or 12, I forget" Thunderbolt said.

"Not as big as Patch's" Brock spoke up. 

"There's 101 of us" Patch then replied.

"101 dalmatians!?" Thunderbolt looked astounded. "Hey, I heard about you guys"

"You have?" the twins asked the german shepherd. 

"Yeah, they were on the Twilight Bark. Along with two boisterous kids" Thunderbolt continued. 

"That was us!" Ann told Thunderbolt, smiling proud.

"Wow, you really have been through a lot. Haven't you, kids?" Thunderbolt smiled to the twins who smiled back at him, after they had told the wonder dog just some of the many adventures they've had with their big sister. 

"But that's just it, isn't it?" Patch then frowned. "I'm afraid all I'll ever be is... one of 101"

The twins frowned back. They hated seeing Patch sad. Thunderbolt also frowned, feeling sorry for the puppy.

"Thunderbolt, how do you become a one of a kind wonder dog anyway?" The scrappy pup asked his idol. 

This soon led to a little conversation between the two about Thunderbolt's challenging life in the spotlight.

"You think you're doing great, then all of a sudden there's somebody trying to take your place!" Thunderbolt told Patch and the twins.

"Crowd you out!" Brock and Ann said at the same time.

"Push you aside!" Thunderbolt barked back. 

"Steal your spot!" Patch lashed out.

"Precisely" The wonder dog proclaimed.

"Precisely" Patch and the twins repeated, now just having fun.

"You know, you're alright kid" Thunderbolt gently nuzzled Patch which made him giggle.

The four of them continued walking through the park and over to a bridge. 

"Tell you what, little buddy. I'm planning on doing some more big-hero stuff today" Thunderbolt explained to Patch. "You stick with me. Maybe you'll get your picture in the paper, show the world you're not just another dog"

The dogs and kids looked down at their reflections in the water. Patch then tried to bark but it came out as squeaks again.

"Oh, no, no, it's like this" Thunderbolt showed the dalmatian, then did his famous, signature bark. And very loud this time too, which even scared off some birds.

"Wow, impressive" Brock told the TV star dog. 

"Thank you" the german shepherd smiled to the human boy.

Meanwhile back on the farm, all this time no one knew Patch and the twins were missing. Kali was playing with some of the puppies when the newspaper had came in. Some of the other puppies were chasing after some chickens. The puppies soon chased the chickens into the house, with a clumsy Marshall following behind them.

"Wait for me! Wait for me!" Marshall called out to the other puppies, chasing after them at full speed.

"WHOA!" Marshall then tripped and crashed into the other puppies, sending the chickens down into Roger's new music room. 

"Oops" Marshall chuckled and smiled sheepishly, knowing this was a problem.

The chickens were squabbling around in Roger's music room, when one of them landed on the trombone, blasting the newspaper that was inside it out, right in front of Roger. Roger and Pongo then looked at the newspaper to see Patch and the twins on the front page, realizing they left them behind.