Chapter 9

Cruella's car passed by, but then came back into the alleyway, ready to get the gang. Kali, the twins and Patch gasped, looking out the window.

"What do we do now, Patch?" asked Rover.

Patch and the kids looked around, then noticed some open windows on the side of a building up above.

"See those windows, we can reach them from the upper deck" Patch said.

"Come on!" Kali helped lead the puppies up to the second floor of the bus and out the windows.

"You guys go on ahead, we'll hold them off" Patch told the others while he and the twins came to the door.

"Somehow" Patch then grew nervous.

Patch and the twins then came out and Patch started barking at Cruella's gang but it came out as squeaks. Cruella and her minions all laughed at the dalmatian pup. Cruella then used Kali's crystal again to make a crowbar appear in her hand, she was planing to hurt the kids and pups with it.

The twins gasped in fear, clutching onto each other. Patch was scared, but tried barking again when suddenly, everyone heard a famous and familiar bark.

Everyone turned to see Thunderbolt appear on top of the car. Lars was nearby and gave the wonder dog a thumbs up before he drove off. Thunderbolt came to the twins and Patch's side.

"How ya doing, kid?" He grinned at Patch.

"But... But we thought-" Patch and the twins started, confused.

"Come on, haven't you seen the show? I always arrive just in the nick of time" The german shepherd told Patch and the twins, making them all smile.

"Well, we're glad you're here" Ann told the TV star dog.

"Look, I may not be a real hero. But I can act like one" The german shepherd winked at the pup and two kids.

Thunderbolt barked at the villains when Lightning crawled out from under the bus and saw what was going on. Jasper then came at Thunderbolt with the crowbar, about to hit him.

"Lightning, don't let them hurt me!" Thunderbolt gasped, coming over to the corgi, seeming scared now.

Thunderbolt suddenly grabbed his chest, pretending to have a heart attack, before he fell to the ground next to the corgi. "Lightning... this might be the end"

Thunderbolt started howling, acting all delusional like he was dying, but really he wasn't.

"Wow, Thunderbolt sure is a method actor" Brock thought, before he came back into the bus with his twin sister and Patch to help the other puppies escape. 

"Uh, is he okay?" Carlos asked his mother, confused with the seemingly dying german shepherd. 

"Give me that!" Cruella snatched the crowbar from Jasper and went to knock Thunderbolt out. "I'll put this mongrel out of his misery!"

Cruella tried to hit Thunderbolt with the crowbar but he kept willingly dodging her. Cruella ended up hitting Jasper and Horace instead, knocking them out. 

Cruella then tried to hit Thunderbolt again, but missed and fell into a trashcan. While this was all happening, Kali had came out of the bus and over to Lightning after noticing him, who was watching Thunderbolt assumingly die.

"You know, if you wanted some attention on the show, you could've just asked" Kali told the corgi.

"Oh really, how?" Lightning scowled a little at her, since humans couldn't understand dogs.

"Look, I know a way for you to get more screening time, but you don't have to turn bad against your friends. Trust me" Kali told the corgi with trusting eyes. "You won't regret this Lightning... I promise"

Lightning looked to the human girl with the yellow bandanna, thinking long and hard for a moment.

"OK" Lightning sighed, believing Kali.

"Good" The adventure girl nodded to the corgi, glad that he had reformed.

Lightning then noticed Cruella was stuck in the trashcan and still had Kali's crystal. He swiftly went for the crystal, grabbing it in his mouth, out of Cruella's grasp, and brought it back to Kali.

"Thanks" Kali smiled to Lightning while putting her crystal back around her neck.

"Great, now lets get out of here!" Thunderbolt came over to them.

Patch then put the gearshift in reverse and the bus started to roll backwards.

Cruella and her minions were starting to wake up, when they saw the bus rolling right towards them and screamed as they got up to run. The bus soon hit the kanine krunchies car and now the bad guys were running from the car, straight into the water. 

The dogs and human kids rushed off into the bus to get to safety. Kali was about to go with them but looked backed and noticed Carlos, running scared with his mother and her minions. Kali ran and pushed him out of the way, saving Carlos from being hit by the car while Cruella, Horace, Jasper, and Scorch fell into the water. Carlos was surprised that Kali would save him, despite what he had done. 

Cruella De-Vil had been defeated yet again. The twins and their sister came up to Patch and Thunderbolt's sides as the sun shined down on the five of them. Thunderbolt did his famous bark and then it was Patch's turn. The spunky pup barked, and this time there were no squeaks as Patch's bark actually sounded heroic and all.

"Patch, you found your bark. We knew you could do it! We're so proud of you!" the twins and Kali were overjoyed for the heroic puppy, hugging him. 

The spotted dalmatian puppy smiled up to the humans he looked up to the most.

Patch had found the hero inside himself. And this had truly been one incredible adventure for the gang.