Chapter 3

Happy 38th birthday Tom Hiddleston!!! 

*  *  *  *  *

Peter marched into the dining room giving everyone at the table a sorry look, "Sorry I'm late guys Ned dropped the Lego death star and we had to-" Peter stopped mid-sentence. "Mr Stark? Is that you?"

The Avengers had forgotten that Peter was coming to dinner that night. Now they had to try and explain what had happened to his beloved Mr Stark. Everyone started talking at once, Peter caught on to little snippets of it but still didn't completely understand what was happening.

"One at a time guys," No one could hear him. "ONE AT A TIME!"

Everyone stopped talking. They were startled by Peter's jeering, he had never yelled in front of the Avengers before because he had no reason to. They could see his eyes start to water. Tony jumped up and gave Peter a Big bear hug.

"Listen, kid..." Tony explained their situation.

This didn't really help Peters situation, his bottom lip started to quiver, "Are you guys going to be ok?"

Tears started rolling down his cheeks. Everyone got up from the table and gave him a huge group hug saying things like, "Of course they'll be fine."

This comforted Peter. He still wasn't sure if he wanted to believe that Mr Stark would be ok, but he went with it.

"Hey, should you guys come to school with me and Peter in three weeks?" Shuri suggested.

The Avengers all started whispering to each other. Leaving the six teens standing there confused. Then they watched them.

"We have come to the conclusion that it would probably be best if you guys go to school."

* * * * *

Two weeks later the six teens, Pepper and Rhodey arrived at the school supply store. Peter and Shuri dragged Natasha and Tony off shoving all the colourful books and stationery into their trolley. While Steve and Bucky went around the store putting everything, they saw in the trolley completely ignoring the book list.

"Guys you do not need all this stuff." Pepper started unpacking Steve and Bucky's trolley putting items back on the shelves. She started going through the list with them explaining that they had to find the stuff with the same name as on the list. Ever since Steve, Bucky, Tony and Natasha had become teens Pepper and Rhodey had taken over the parent roll. Obviously, the rest of the Avengers helped out as well but Pepper and Rhodey were used to essentially being Tony's parent many years ago, so it was easiest for them to get used to. The only difference was that Tony was fifteen.

"Can me and Nat go find some first day of school outfits?" Shuri asked giving Pepper the biggest puppy dog eyes.

"Fine but meet us back at the car in an hour."

Shuri and Nat bolted out of the store at the speed of light. They'd gotten very close over the past two weeks. It was both of their first times at a real school. They had mostly been watching crappy teen drama shows together they thought that this would show them what school would be like until Peter told them how unrealistic those shows were. It was a little reliving but at the same time a little disappointing.

They entered their first store target, they started pulling every outfit they could find off the shelves. They walked into the changing room section, "No more than six items." The woman said in anger. This resulted in Shuri going into the changing room and Nat throwing clothes over the wall so that they didn't have to make eighty trips in and out of the changing rooms.

* * * * *

Pepper looked into the back of the minivan (Yes they bought a minivan) and couldn't help but smile at the six teenagers fast asleep worn out from all their shopping.