Chapter 6

Tony took a swig of whiskey. He had been stealing it from his own liquor cabinet for days now. His life was finally looking up, he and Pepper were supposed to be getting married in July, they were trying for kids, the Avengers were going well and Tony for the first time in his life felt happy but then Thanos came along and zapped him back to the worst years of his life, his teenage years and he was forced to press the pause button on his happiness.

The door to Tony's lab beeped as the door was unlocked. Tony scrambled to put the bottle of whiskey under a bench as the door swung open revealing Strange. 

"What are you doing down here?" Tony snarled shooting him a look.

"I could smell the alcohol on you from upstairs," Strange glided over to Tony, "Let's get you cleaned and sobered up."

Strange lead tony to the bathroom at the back of the lab. 

He sat Tony on the bench and pulled a cup of coffee out of thin air. Tony knew that coffee would sober him up and didn't want to go back to reality but he had to at some point, so why not now? Tony took a sip from the bright green mug growling as the warm substance hit the back of his throat (not like that you dirty bird).

Stephen handed Tony a pile of fresh clothes, "I know you don't like it but you got to get to school."

Tony groaned, "I aced that thing once why do I have to do it again?"

"Because child protection services know that you exist and if you just stop turning up to school they will come search for you and eventually work out who you are."

Tony groaned again, "I hate this so much. I was finally happy and then I just got sucked back into the worst years of my life and everyone's enjoying it. THIS ISN'T RIGHT! NONE OF IT IS!"

Tony raised his voice throwing a glass soap dispenser across the room in his rage. Stephan grabbed both of Tony's hands, "Listen, Tony, this problem isn't going to be solved by breaking soap dispensers. It will only be solved by work, so while everyone works as hard as they can to fix this you have to accept the fact that you are a teenager and we can only fix it as fast as we're going."

Tony's eyes began to gloss up. He had been bottling up his emotions for weeks, playing along with the happy teenager, using alcohol to stop his emotions from being discovered. His bottom lip began to quiver, "I've been playing along w-w-with the happy teenager act for weeks now and I just can't do it any more. I'm back to the l-lowest point of my life again and I-I haven't had the privacy to let out m-my emotions since I got t-t-taken back, so they've just been slowly eating away at me."

Tony burst into tears covering his face with his hands not wanting Strange to see him in this state but Strange pried his hands from his face, "Listen, Tony, I know that this must be hard on you and I understand that you have just need a break from all of it but we can't give that to you yet, so you're going to get dressed and we'll sit in the cinema and watch crappy movies all day and experiment on stuff because this is as close to a break as you're going to get at the moment."

*  *  *  *  *

Hey guys,

So I know that most of this story has been pretty light-hearted but I'm not good at writing that stuff so I bring you this chapter. Hope this doesn't put you off reading this book.

~Dozza