American Soldier- Chapter 1

Do you know what it feels like......To watch someone you considered your brother die right in front of your eyes?

It's been six years. Six years of brutal workouts, pain, suffering, death, and tears. You'd think I'd get out if it was that hard. But the thing is, I love it.

When I first came in as a new recruit, I was absolutely terrified. I was afraid I was going to die, and never be able to see anyone again. Its called being naïve. My commanding officer tells me "Girl you better get your ass into gear, cuz I'm not

putting up with your prissy ass bullshit"

When I look back at what he said now, I can't help but laugh. He was an asshole I'll admit, but if it wasn't for his constant nagging and bitching, I'd be dead by now.

What he said made by blood boil. I never have, and never will take insults lightly, and I wanted to prove to that SOB that I was good enough for this. I had to be good enough.

I was driving the Humvee through the streets of Afghanistan. We had stopped at a location where the believed was a hideout for terrorists, and I was told to watch for possible enemy's and watch the humvee. It all happened so fast. I hear my commander screaming open fire, open fire. Shots were ringing everywhere. People why screaming. It had turned into the epitome of hell. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I finally realized what it was, he had already taken aim on my commander, oblivious to the danger behind him.

I had almost lost my life that day. Jumping in front of a bullet for someone you barely know can hurt. I was shot 4 times. My commander was hit once, but it was nothing serious. When I was sent home for rehabilitation, an older woman came rushing in, panting and sweating, searching for something. When her gaze finally landed on me, she burst into tears saying "you're the one"

I didn't understand what she was talking about, so I just sat there, and watched the poor lady cry her heart out. But what she said next changed my life forever.

"thank you"

Those two words mean everything to a soldier. It makes them realize that they risk their lives every day for a reason. Those two words make them feel like they're on top of the world.

That everything will be okay.

That you're forgiven.

That your life has meaning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know its really short, but you get an insight on what Danni's like.

i hope you like it!! I'll be uploading soon!!

Comment-Vote-Fan!!

~Heavenliee ;]