Episode 55: Reunion in the Midst of Sorrow

"Kiara!" I yelled, not believing my eyes

"Kiara!" I yelled, not believing my eyes. "You're back! How?"

She nodded and said, "Yeah, I'm back. Though I'm disappointed in you two boys." She jumped down and hugged the crying Dossie. "To turn against your own brother, against your own blood. We had enough of that already with our aunt and father, and that was without them knowing that they were siblings!"

Silas stood up from the front lawn. "Seems I was wrong, you did escape that realm..."

Kiara furrowed her brow and let go of Dossie. "Hideo, watch over her."

I grabbed Dossie and held her closely in case any rebels decided to swooped in during our conversation.

She turned her eyes to Sillas. "You say that none of us paid you any attention, but Dan did," she said as she made her way over to our second brother.

Silas' lip quivered. "W-what do you mean?"

"Don't you remember that you two were like twins? Dan even suggested being held back a grade so that he could be with you. You were so scared on your first day of kindergarten that you almost passed out. Dan even lent you one of his cards. In fact, that's what you were after, isn't it?"

I stared at the cards littered on the floor and began to pick some of them up. There was one missing. I looked up at my brother. "Huh?"

She shook her head at me. "You really don't know Silas, do you?"

Silas reached into the pocket of his black dress pants and took out a card. It was of twin lion cubs with a book between its hands. Tears dripped down his eyes once more.

Kiara hugged our brother and sighed. "Ohh, Silas. You don't hate Dan. At least not for the reasons you state. Rather, the one you hate is Hideo."

"Me?" I asked.

"That's..." Dossie said, gasping.

Kiara nodded. "Yes. He hates you, Hideo. You took away the love and attention of his favorite brother. As for the reason he egged you on to shoot... it was because he wanted to join Dan. Isn't that right? Silas."

Silas hugged Kiara tightly and let out a muffled cry.

I felt my eyes start to tear up once more. "Silas, you..."

Kiara grabbed Silas' arm and raised the arm band, revealing a bandage with strange markings, just like the one that dad had put on Dan after his attempt.

"Dad put this to prevent you from going through with it, didn't he? He knew, despite your facade, that you still cared about Dan as much as when you were a kid. So knowing that you couldn't kill yourself, you tried to force Hideo to do it..."

"Dan, he didn't deserve to die!" Silas cried out. "Hideo is right, it should've been me! If I could, I would gladly have taken his place in that dark pit!"