Chapter 1 - Surgery

"Miss y/n are you ready?"

"Huh?" You look up from the magazine you were reading, and gently place it down among the stacks of magazines on the table in front of you. "Yes?" You asks the nurse who is standing by the door.
"Miss y/n," she calls again looking at all the faces seated among you. You stand up at the sound of your name and politely nod. "That's me," you shyly say. The nurse nods. "Please come this way." She holds the door for you and you quickly follow her. You walk by a series of doors until she stops by a room that is huge. It smells like alcohol and cleaning supplies, while you can hear the sound of heavy machinery running all along the walls. There are people with masks on and the glares they give you send shivers down your spine. You see a surgeon table in the middle of everything, and you can't help but gulp down the saliva forming in your throat. The nurse takes you into another room. You follow her closely not wanting to be left behind. Inside the smaller room is a desk with a man in a black tie and suit.

His posture is one that shouts out authority. His mouth is formed in a straight line, and he shows no sign of emotion. His big chubby hands are folded on the table. There is a notebook and a pen placed neatly against his arm. Across from him is another chair where the nurse motions for you to sit down. "Oh okay," you murmur awkwardly. You stare at the guy in the suit with uncertainty. "Why am I here? Aren't I supposed to be getting a surgery? Shouldn't I be laying on the table?"
The nurse nods her head. "Yes Miss y/n. Mr.Kim just wants to ask you a few questions, and review some facts with you. It will only be for a few minutes or so." She closes the door before you can reply, leaving you alone with Mr. Creep here.

He studies you with intense eyes, not breaking eye contact and then writes something in his notebook. Sweat beads down your forehead and you swipe it away.
Finally, Mr.Creep, your new name for him, clears his throat. "Miss y/n you are aware that you are about to get a surgery."
You nod your head. "Yes, I am aware of that."
He seems unimpressed. "Miss y/n this is a very delicate and complex surgery. It involves the brain, which we both know is a very serious matter. If something goes wrong, you might regret it forever or you can possibly even die."
You gulp at the warning, but know that you are doing this only because of the money they are offering you. Millions and millions of money in cash will be given to you.
You and your family desperately need it. You are aware of the risks, and do not like to be reminded. The reason they are paying so much is because you are their guinea pig. This operation has never been conducted before.

"Miss y/n you are aware that if this is successful, we will be making history!" He continues. You nod your head. "Yes I'm aware."
The man chuckles. "Good. Once the operation is complete, you will be able to completely switch your mind with anybody you want to at will. In other words, your consciousness will go into another person's body, and theirs in yours. But remember it is you who needs to learn how to control it." You nod. "I know."
The man writes something down on his note book. "Tell me Miss y/n, who would you want to change your mind with?" You blink your eyes in surprise. You never really thought of that before. You were too occupied worrying about surviving to see another day. "Oh umm... I don't really know."
The man gives you a huge creepy smile and writes something down. You try to look at what he is writing but all you can see are these words...
STAGE ONE COMPLETE - COMMENCE STAGE TWO
The man closes the notebook and stands up. "Please Miss y/n, come this way." You follow him to the operation table and the surgeons place you laying down.
"Remember Miss y/n," Mr.Creep says, "the surgeons will place a chip in your brain that will allow you to transmit your thoughts into another person and theirs in yours. Just be calm and don't panic."
You nod your head not wanting to answer. The surgeons inject a needle into your arm. "Okay Miss y/n, count down to ten." You barely make it to eight when you fall into obliviousness.

It might be a little slow now, but trust me it will get better. You may be a little confused now, but later in the story you will understand. Enjoy! ❤️