Chapter 8 - Family Life

Taehyung's POV

The sunlight illuminating from the window brushes Taehyung's face. You can hear his soft snoring and delicate breathing. The pillow cushions his face perfectly, and his dreaming are of beautiful thoughts. What could go wrong?

"Y/n WAKE UP. YOU ARE LATE FOR SCHOOL! WHY ARE YOU LATE? DON'T YOU HAVE AN ALARM!!! GET OUT OF THAT BED NOW!"
Taehyung jumps up from the bed and hits his head against the wall. He tries to rub the pain away and stares mortified at the woman yelling at him.
The woman huffs and places her hands on her hips.
"Y/n, I am not driving you to school. Go get ready quick! Your bus is going to come."
Taehyung doesn't understand anything except for school. He hears that word and is filled with dread. Oh no.
So he does the only logical thing to do when you are in another person's body and are forced to go to school. He starts to cough, loudly. He coughs into his arms and then groans. Then in English he says, "No. I feel bad."
That's all he has.
The woman, who he believes is Mom, scoffs. "Oh please. You don't look sick. You know the rules. If you don't have a fever you're going to school. Let me get the thermometer."
As she walks out the room, Taehyung stays in place afraid of moving even an inch. What is going to happen?
Then other thoughts come to mind.
Why is he in a bedroom when he was in a hospital?
Where is the doctor and nurse?
Why is this woman yelling at him?
And why is he a girl who goes to school?
He already went through all that drama. He already left torture. Why does he have to go back?
The Mom comes back with a thermometer in her hands and puts it inside his ear.
He stiffens afraid that she will yell even more for him being fidgety. He really hates this.
The thermometer beeps and she checks the temperature.
"98.9. You are good. Come on go to school."
Taehyung hears the word "school" and coughs again.
"No please. I am sick," he says. He is actually pleased with himself that he knows this much English.
The woman sighs and slaps him on the shoulder with a book that she grabs on a desk next to him.
She slaps him again.
"Fine. Stay home, but you are going to hear from your Father."
She walks out the room and leaves the house. From what Taehyung can tell he is home alone.
He gets out of bed and walks around the house.
It is cute.
He walks into a living room where it looks like another bedroom is to the right, and to the left is a kitchen. In the living room is a brown couch under a huge rug. There is a tank with a bearded dragon inside. There are three windows and bamboo curtains that cover them. Then there is a big TV screen on top of a chocolate counter.
Inside the kitchen is a little island counter in the middle with wheels. There is a fridge, a microwave, a toaster, a sink, a dishwasher, and many counters. Above those counters are cabinets. Linking to the kitchen is a room with a washing machine, and the other room is the bathroom.
Taehyung whistles when he notices a huge tall tank full of branches and plants. Some plants are fake, but he can tell that the branches are real. On the bottom is a pool of water with a turtle inside.
Taehyung looks around in shock. This place is actually nice.
Where is the doctor though? Why is he in this house?
He goes back to the bedroom and notices a note on his pillow. It is in Korean.

The letter says, "Dear Taehyung,
We are completely sorry that you have no idea on what is going on. Just know that you are an important person making history, and will improve the future. You are in a woman's body because your conscious has been switched. This woman is now in your body. It is now up to you to decide when to switch consciousness. You must learn to go back to your body. The woman won't be able to do it by herself, you must be the one to switch consciousnesses. That is all. Have fun being a daughter, a sister, a student, and so on. Oh! You may also want to study some English.
Sincerely,
Mr.Kim aka (your friend) ;)"

Taehyung shakes his head in confusion. What?

HOURS BEFORE...

"Are you sure it's a good idea to send him to
y/n's family? They don't know about the experiment," Mary says.
Mr.Kim laughs. "This is awesome! He must learn to adapt to y/n's environment, and if we don't send him to y/n's home, y/n's parents will worry. It's worse if they find out about us."
Mary sighs. "Don't you think they will soon find out that that isn't their daughter?!"
Mr.Kim shakes his head.
"I have confidence in Taehyung. He won't give us away."
Mary shrugs. "If that's what you tell yourself at night to go to sleep then by all means please continue."
She rolls her eyes and walks away.

Taehyung's POV

So now what? Then a suggestion comes up. He can call his phone.
He grabs the girl's phone which is also on the bed. He places his thumb on the home screen and it unlocks.
He dials his number and calls.
It rings.....

And then there is a voice.

"Hello?"

"Hyung, 나에요," (It's me).