Mashiho's Route 1

L

The sun finally set when you were two minutes away from the school. Your earbuds blasted into your ears, your usual music playing. You stepped on the beat, losing yourself to the music as you walked alone. You remembered Haruto's words, staying on the main roads as you walked, even though it'd take longer. 

The song came to an end and transitioned to the next. You couldn't help but sigh out in content when his voice reached your ears. "Woo ah woo ah woo ah yeah," you hummed, nodding your head. You loved his cover of the song, it was your favorite performance out of all the performances in YG Treasure Box. As you hummed your way home, someone ran into your back, something rock hard smacked the top of your head. 

You lost your balance, face kissing the concrete and skinning your knee. You hissed in pain, feeling the person pull up and away from you. "A-Are you okay?" he stuttered, helping you off from the ground. Your earbuds hung loosely from your hoodie pocket, skimming the ground as you looked down at your bleeding knee. "Oh my! I-I'm sorry, le-let me get you s-some band-aids." 

His eyes looked at you in worry as he wrapped your arm around his shoulders, doing the same with you. He helped you to the nearest convenient store, one you were familiar with as it was near your house. He set you down on the bench right beside the door, cheeks tinted pink as he avoided your gaze. His white camera hung loosely from his neck, his brown fluffy hair stuck to his forehead from sweat. 

He's very kind.

"I-I'll buy some," he left you sitting alone, quickly buying you band-aids. You bent down to examine your knee, scared to touch the opened parts. You took your phone and ear buds from your pocket and stuffed it into your backpack as you waited for the boy to come back. It didn't take long when the door opened, earning your attention almost instantly. "Here."

He bent down in front of you, opening the bag that the band-aids and antibiotics were in. "This is gonna hurt," he looked up to look at you in your eyes but as soon as your eyes locked, he looked away, pink tinting his cheeks once again. He rubbed the alcohol on your skinned knee, a hiss of pain escaping your lips as you shut your eyes tightly. 

Your hands clenched together tightly, your nails digging into your palms. When he finished cleaning it, he began to put the band-aid on. "Wh-what's your name?" he stuttered cutely as he finished putting the band-aid on. 

"Mun Hayoon," you watched him reach his hand further into the bag, pulling out two strawberry shortcake ice creams. He handed you one, which you gladly took. You set your backpack on the ground, letting him take a seat next to you. 

"I'm...Takata Mashiho," he mumbled under his breath, picking at his ice cream wrapper. "Sorry that I ran into you, I-I just found a bird and wanted to take a picture of it but it flew away." He spoke quieter and quieter, causing you to move your head closer to him. His face flushed furiously, making him stutter more. "I-I'm really sorry. I-I pro-promise it won't h-happen again."

He gets flustered easily.

You pulled you head away, looking at him in the eyes. Before he could look away again, you reached over, your hand holding his face in place. "You say sorry too much, it's okay, it was just a small scrape," you smiled kindly at Mashiho, who returned it with an awkward and shy smile. "I should head home." Mashiho nodded his head. 

"I-I might as well take you..." he sent you an awkward smile, "We live next t-to each other anyway." You lifted your bag and threw it over your shoulder, beginning the walk home. "Can you walk fine?" You nodded you head, sending him a reassuring smile. The two of you walked in comfortable silence, stepping up the neighborhood hill and walking passed all of the house. 

Mashiho was nervous, sweating bullets under his uniform as he walked slightly behind you. His heart raced, unsure of what this feeling was. Your hair brushed back from the occasional breezes, your serene face expression ethereal to Mashiho. You were the perfect model to him and nothing would change that. 

You felt at peace, feeling his presence close to yours as you walked back home. The thought of it made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. You always walked home alone before this day as Haeun always went out with her friends, just you and your music. It was different this time. 

You turned around slightly, checking if Mashiho was still there, and he was. You flashed him another smile, feeling giddy at the feeling of being with someone, even if it was just for a few moments. He sent one back before you turned to look ahead once again. 

After a few minutes your house came into view, his coming along also. As you two neared your houses, a boy ran out, round glasses bouncing as he ran up to Mashiho. "Mashiho hyung, Junkyu is going berserk because you weren't home yet, you didn't tell us that you were coming home late. Junkyu hyung was so worried," he explained, pulling Mashiho away from you. The older boy turned to look back at you, a sorry smile expressed on his face. 

"B-bye Hayoon!" Mashiho called after you as he was being dragged into the house. When the door to their house shut, your face fell. Your company now gone, his presence lingering for only seconds before disappearing in the wind. 

"Yeongue isn't very kind," you sighed, remembering as the boy didn't spare you a glance as he pulled Mashiho away from you. "He could've at least looked at me, that would've been nice."