Yeongue's Route 1

E

You snuck out of the house, bored out of your mind now that you couldn't read your book. Your mind was occupied with home. As much as you hated your household before, it didn't feel as unsettling as the one you lived in now. Nothing felt as unsettling as it did now. 

Before, in your old world, despite everyone hating you, having no friends, the bullying, and your mom always pushing you away, you felt comfortable. It was a lifestyle you didn't mind having. Everything had a routine, everything was predictable, to you, everything was perfect. 

Now, in this world, everyone loves you, you have friends, you're popular, and your mom actually cares for you yet you felt uncomfortable. You hated this lifestyle. Everything was different, everything was unpredictable, you hated it. 

You first thought that since there was so much drama you thought that you were living in some kind of cliched fanfiction but as you took your walk around the forest trail, you realized that your old world seemed more like a fanfiction. That was because everything was predictable and perfect for you - the protagonist of your own life. This new world was reality to many people, and you hated it. 

As you wandered around, you came across a lake. Fireflies went around the lake, blinking their lights as fairy lights were lit up by a picnic table. You walked towards it, interested in the adorable and aesthetic sight. You walked passed the picnic table and instead sat in front of it, sitting right beside the deep lake. 

The water was cool when you ran your hand through the lake. A sigh escaped your lips, your thoughts overflowing so much to the point you felt tears brimming your eyes. You hugged your knees to your chest, finally letting out some tears. "Home...I miss that hell hole," you mumbled. 

"Then go back home," you heard his rude remark from behind you, making to freeze in shock. You sniffled, pulling your hoodie over your head. 

"I'm not in the mood for a talk, can you please leave?" you asked, voice soft. Yeongue didn't pay attention to your hurt tone, rolling his eyes at you. You were already breaking but seeing his attitude towards you, it broke you even more and you weren't even sure why. 

"If anything, you should leave. If you want to go home, go. This is my place anyway, so leave," Yeongue spat, voice laced with venom. You only sighed, no longer feeling anything again. You went back to being numb. You almost wanted to laugh, but you couldn't. You were tired, not tired physically but mentally and it really wore you down. 

You really thought you could handle going through the whole game but a week and a half had passed and there was no progress at all. That's what you thought at least. You didn't really know what you were supposed to achieve anyway, so you weren't so sure you could win, but all you could do was hope that someday you could be sent back home. 

Falling back into deep thought you stood up, mumbling a sorry and bowed respectfully to him before leaving, going back to the trail that had taken you there. As you stepped a little ways away, you heard his annoyed voice ring through out the forest. "Tell me how this is possible you dumb-"

"Calling it dumb won't do anything," you interrupted him, walking back towards the picnic table with fairy lights. Yeongue scowled at the sight of you, but you were unfazed. 

"What are you doing back here, I told you to leave," Yeongue snarled, glaring at you. Your blank eyes shifted to the phone that laid beside the lake, placed right where you sat. 

"Came back for my phone," you answered, stepping down closer to the lake to grab your phone.  He didn't answer you and instead stared at you like you were some type of monster. You ignored him. It didn't take long before you were out of his sight, hiding behind a large tree. 

Yeongue guessed you left him, heading home. The boy sighed, burying his face into his knees as he stared at the deep blue lake. "If 'I love you' was a promise, would you break it, if you're honest, told the mirror what you know she's heard before...I don't wanna be you anymore~" his voice was soft in the quiet forest, so quiet that you were able to hear. "Hands getting cold, losing feeling's getting old, was I made from a broken mold?"

You smiled bitterly.

Kim Yeongue
New Kid
- Year Three Middle School
- Likes singing
- UNKNOWN
 - UNKNOWN
- UNKNOWN 
- Total UNKNOWN
- Club: art
- Hideout: forest lake