Eight

This became a everyday thing for the next 2 weeks.

Everyday I would wake up get dressed and then drive to school. I would get to Mr. Adams class in the morning not too early but not too late. Once class started we as a class would read, discuss and go into greater detail on how depressing the book is.

Every once in a while Michael and I would share a glance. (I started calling him by his first name about three days ago. Not in front of other people of course but I certainly think we are on a first name bases.). He was very sneaky actually. He would wait until everyone was reading and he would slip me little notes.

"Babe-

Can't wait to see you

-MA"

"Alex-

I had fun this weekend

-MA"

"Alex-

I heard you don't have practice today. That gives us more time later!

-MA"

I would go on with the rest of my day as if everything was normal. Math and Physics is a breeze and never seemed to last as long as my other two classes. Lunch was starting to be the only distraction I had away from my mind but soon that started to fade. My friends began to ask questions.

"What are you doing before practice today, Alex?"

"Do you want to grab something to eat after Mrs. Lawrence's class?"

"Where did you run off to yesterday after class?"

At first it was easy to come up with excuses that I knew they would believe but as the questions continued the harder it got to make excuses. For the last three days my excuse has been that my aunt is in town and I haven't seen her in two years. So far it is working perfectly.

And finally after an always dreadful History class with Mrs. Lawrence, I would go to my locker grab my gym bag and head to Michael's classroom so we could do the things we would both get in extreme trouble if we ever got caught.

So far we were good at keeping this entire thing a secret. When he would take me out it would be out of town. We would go to his place, never mine. I would always make sure that his room and the hallways were completely empty before I went in after classes were done. The door was always locked and the windows were all closed. I still have to work on keeping my voice down but that is just too hard.

"Ms. Reid! I do not appreciate your daydreaming in my class!" Mrs. Lawrence yells breaking me from my mind and then resuming her lecture on god knows what she has been talking about this entire class.

"I am surprised she didn't notice sooner. You have been in Alexandra World all class." Ben whispers to me as Mrs. Lawrence continues.

"Shut up Benjamin and tell me what page we are on!" I whisper-yell at him.

"And now I would like all of you to turn to the picture on page one hundred and seven." Mrs. Lawrence answered my question. I quickly grabbed a book from under my desk and tried to pay attention for the last fifteen minutes of class.

"At the time this was the bloodiest and goriest civil war to happen between Asian empires." Oh no! That reminds me! Today is the twenty seventh. I was supposed to get my period last week. I am probably just over reacting. These things happen all the time, right? Maybe I just miss calculated. Yeah! That is it I just miss calculated nothing to worry about.

"This picture shows just now violent and bloody this war was." I took one look at that horribly graphic photo, smelled the egg salad sandwich someone in the class pulled out of their bag and felt my stomach flip.