Chapter XX: Crystal Gems vs. the Cheetahmen

Michael entered the throne room. Yellow diamond looked impatient "Why does your brother still live?" she boomed angrily. "I-I-I've been meaning to, but he's always with his c-cronies, and I can't d-defeat them all." he stammered. Yellow diamond narrowed her eyes. "Unbelievable, I give you the most advanced technology I have in my arsenal, and yet you crumble like a bag of stale potato chips at the sight of the one target I ask you to take out!"she yelled in frustration" I guess I'll have to use a method to prove he isn't formidable." she said.

Yellow Diamond summoned her Pearl, who brought in a cart with an NES gutted and hard-wired to a projector of some sort. In a cardboard box on the bottom shelf were some cartridges. Yellow Pearl dug through the games and eventually settled on two cartridges: The fist had an awfully-drawn guy in a blue power suit, and the other was clear and had a circutboard showing, which she put in first. The projector kicked on as soon as she put in the game, and it showed an alphabetized list of all the characters and objects on the game. Michael recognized the characters all too well, as he, like his brother, played that particular game, and hated it all too much. Yellow pearl handed the controller to her diamond, and she thought for a moment. She then closed her eyes and randomly selected from the list of characters before settling on a folder with three characters in one. The projector gave a blinding flash of light, which knocked Michael over. When he looked up, he saw three gigantic yellow bodies, it was the Cheetahmen! Yellow Diamond smiled at her selection. The Cheetahmen bowed before Yellow Diamond.

"We exist only to serve you." They all said in a monotone unison tone. Mike felt betrayed. "How shall we serve our Diamond." They asked. Yellow Pearl took out the clear cartridge and selected a character. In another flash of light, a large yellow blob monster with one large red eye in the center appeared before them. "Find and kill the prophecized human, bring his head to me if you succeed" she boomed. The four game characters headed out to find him.

Meanwhile, Robert and Peridot were dumpster diving in the back of Best Buy, hoping to find some electronics they could salvage. Their efforts were not in vain, as they had a hefty number of items. When they left for the barn, Robert but his things down and noticed some sort of pod fall in the distance. He grabbed his sword and Zapper and ran off.

Robert made it to the site where it landed, and the Crystal Gems were already there. There was a yellow, gooey substance all over the place, covering the Cheetahmen. As soon as Robert got there, the substance regrouped and turned into the Yellow Devil. Robert jumped up and stabbed the eye of the Yellow Devil, which made it dissolve into 1s and 0s. This left only the Cheetahmen. The big one engaged Garnet, and he would not deviate from the Toad Man strategy. (just jumping after you get hit to let yourself get hit again)

The thin cheetah with the crossbow tried to attack Steven, but he used his shield to decapitate him. The one with the clubs ran away with a small TV, but he was stopped when Amethyst's whip wrapped itself around his legs and Pearl threw her spear as if it were a javelin and it pierced his head, and it poofed out of existence. Amethyst took the TV and turned it on. Michael's face, fully decked out with cybernetic enhancements, appeared on the screen "I see you're capable of defeating these minions, but just you try to defeat me!" he said. Robert, surprisingly enough, was shocked to see his true brother deformed like that. "What has she done to you?" he said to himself. "Come at me!" he yelled as the screen came off.

To be continued...

Question for the chapter: Should Robert forgive Michael? Why or why not?