Chapter VII: The Big Test

It has been twelve hours since Robert sent Jasper out to sea and fell unconscious due to a loss of energy. Robert woke up with the house all to himself. He found a thin book on the table. It had a small note on it.

On a mission right now,

Thought you could use this.

Love, Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst

P.S. The range isn't far from here.

On the back was a note that said that not only were the Gems his legal guardians, but they gave him written permission to take the test. Robert went to the DMV to take the test, studying the book front to back along the way.

"May I see permission from your parent or guardian?" The lady at the counter said. "Sure" Robert said as he pulled out the note. The lady studies the note, put up the magnifying glass, marked all over it, checked signatures on her databases, this was taking twenty minutes, but it felt like four hours. Finally, the lady led him to the testing room, where he took the test. Robert had but an hour and a half to complete the test, not helping was his mental handicap. (Guess what it is!)

Meanwhile, Garnet, Pearl, Amethyst and Steven were in what seemed to be a sandy oasis, exploring a pyramid. "About Robert..."Pearl asked. "Do you think he'll be okay taking this test by himself, Garnet?" Garnet paused for a moment and smiled. "He'll be fine. I know it, especially given his conditions." She said. "What sort of conditions does he have? Some sort of Mental Handicap?" she asked while taking Robert's shape. Steven laughed, although part of him was low-key offended. Pearl just rolled her eyes. The human in the prophecy can't have a mental handicap, can he? Pearl thought, worried very much.

When they got home an hour later, Robert was still gone, and Steven was starting to get worried. "You don't think he crashed, do you?" Steven asked while sweating vigorously. "Well, he better not." Pearl stated "Otherwise, Earth will be...what are the kids saying these days?" She paused for a moment..."Screwed!" Amethyst didn't seem worried. "He'll probably survive a car crash, he survived Jasper! No human could do that!" she shrugged. Steven got even more worried for Robert's safety. Just Robert came home unscathed, unharmed, and with his driver's license in his hand. "I told you he would be fine" stated Garnet as Pearl and Steven hugged him tightly.

When they let him go, Robert saw something in his mind, as if someone was telepathically showing him something. He saw Peridot...somewhere is a cornfield outside of town, hiding in a barn...He saw her trying to build something...something like an antennae, or a satellite. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good. It looked like a lightning rod, but that's where it ended.

"What happened?" Pearl asked, with her hands on his shoulders. Robert explained what he saw, and the Gems seemed to understand, yet they were also surprised. "Do you know what the lottery numbers are?" Steven asked. "You're too young to buy a lottery ticket." Pearl told Steven. "And I highly doubt it." Robert just shrugged and shook his head.

Robert looked at the map again to see where his next adventure should be. He looked all across the map until he decided on one in Colorado. "Pearl, do you know how the warp pad works?" Pearl explained to him how it works and how to get to his destination and back. No later than lunch did he make a beeline for the warp pad before waving goodbye. As the journey continues!

To be continued...