Chapter Nine

We've been sitting in the car for almost twenty minutes now. I've have to distract Lucas for the first ten minutes for a total of three times. I had to give him my phone because honestly I didn't know what else to do. I downloaded some kid friendly games for him to play and well that had him entertained for a while but I'm afraid that wouldn't be much longer. I on the other hand as extremely jittery and I had to stretch my neck so far to figure out what was going on.

For all this time, Sam and Layla looked like they were arguing. Layla tried to make steps towards the vehicles but it seemed like Sam prevented her. Then they would argue again and she'll throw her hands in the air and Sam with run his fingers through his. Honestly, they've been divorced for a while now, wouldn't they be more peaceable. This is what has been going on for the past twenty minutes. My phone then started to ring, interrupting my thoughts.

"Braxford and Co is calling you?" I didn't know he could read. Do five year olds read? It was work, probably calling to say that tour is over and that I have to come for regularly scheduled shows. They'll email me.

"Give it to me," I then ended the call and gave the phone back to Lucas. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pay for that in the future. The company that I worked for wasn't exactly lenient. I looked the front of the restaurant. Sam looked like he was arguing with Layla. Boy was he angry from the looks of things. Layla was just standing there with her hands folded and then looked towards the vehicle. I turned around and ducked so fast.

"Who is it?" Lucas asked. Oh no.

"No one, just turn in front and play the game."

"What?" Why was he being difficult? "I mean who was on the phone silly." Oh right.

"It was my boss," I told him.

"You have a boss?" He asked and didn't wait for me to answer, "what did he want?" I sighed as I almost forgot it was a five year old I was speaking to.

"Uhm yea I do have a boss. You know for that job I have in the place where I told you I live." He then shook his shoulders and leaned back and continued playing the game on my phone. He then sighed.

"Are you going back there?" He asked.

"Where? Home?" I asked.

"Yes. Your home I guess, the one that's not Miss Lana's " He clarified. I didn't know how to answer that honestly. Yes I was going back to London but I didn't know when because I felt that I needed to be here for a while. I didn't know how to explain that to him. I looked at his face patiently waiting for an explanation from me and from the way he looked at me, I know I had to give him an answer that was safe. An answer that wouldn't hurt any of us.

"In a way, Portsmouth is my home too." I told him.

"So you have two homes." He said. "That must be exhausterating." I laughed because he clearly was saying the wrong word but I knew exactly what he meant. Even though I haven't really thought about it like that, he was right. Look what I was going through right now. I didn't know if I wanted to go back to London and I couldn't stay in Portsmouth.

"It is exhausting." I agreed.

"Yup that's what I said." Lucas added.

When I turned around I saw Sam standing there alone looking out into the car park to the car that was now driving off. Then he turned around and told Vivian something and was coming back to the car. He then opened the front door, shut the car off and then looked to Lucas, who was lost in the game on my phone. He then looked at me and then back to Lucas.

"Lucas what did I tell you about using someone's phone for games?" He asked sternly. Is it weird that my stomach was doing all kind of somersaults while he was using his dad voice.