Chapter Fifteen

“Hi,” I looked at Sam and smiled, looking ever so dashing in his black pants, emerald green blazer, white shirt and a black narrow tied. Everything fitted him perfectly.

“Hey, ready?” He asked holding out his arm to me. I placed my hand in his and told shook my head. “You are stunning,” he told me, as his eyes drank me in.

Sam was extremely quiet in the car and I was beginning to wonder what was wrong. He was driving and he would occasionally look over at me and smile, or reach over and squeeze my thigh. I was thinking about this morning and how heated things got in between us. Did he regret it? Is this why he was so quiet? I didn't regret it? It was amazing. Feeling him against me was everything I imagined and more and if I wasn't mistaken he enjoyed it too. We pulled into what it seemed to be a private property and I was so busy looking at Sam that I didn't  even pay attention on the route we took to get here.

“Is everything ok?” I decided to ask him as we pulled to a stop.

“Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?” He replied.

“Well you have been awfully quiet the entire ride here and…” I stopped talking because we pulled up to the mansion. It was huge, almost like a castle but it had a modern finish to it. I was staring like a little kid in an amusement park, even though I'm pretty sure I would be staring in an amusement park too. The car door opened for me and it was Sam. When did he get out of the car?

“Your expression is everything right now,” he said and chuckled, “shall we?” He asked and his arm out. I smile and put my arm through his as I came out of the vehicle. He was such a gentleman. We made our way through the main entrance of the house and walked in there were two huge curved staircases that met at the top. We made our way up the stairs and all I could have seen was a panoramic view of the port. It was the highlight of the room and there were tables and chairs around with an opening in the middle. I felt like Cinderella, although I may have already met my Prince Charming. I was about to go down the shorter staircase that led to the main floor but someone interrupted,

“Excuse me Miss, would you like me to take your coat?” Oh, I almost forgot I was wearing one. The voice came from a boy that looked like he was in his early twenties, black hair and he stood a little shorter than Sam

“Uh Sam you can go on I'll just take this off,”

“Alright, I'll be waiting,” he said. I went to the side of the staircase so that I wasn't blocking anyone to give the attendant or coat man or whatever my coat, not noticing that I didn't have anywhere to put my clutch.

“Uh could you please hold this?” I asked him and he smiled pleasantly and held it for me while I shrugged off my coat. I turned around and it slid off my shoulder and I thought it was about to fall but the guy had it. I then noticed that he had a name tag so I thought it might be easier to let myself know instead of calling him the coat guy in my subconscious. He gave the clutch back to me.

“Thank you, Brent,” and he smiled, looking surprised that I actually read his name tag. “Uh Brent,” I said as he walked off, making him turn around,

“Yes Ma'am ,” Brent replied.

“Between you and me, am I overdressed?” Brent looked over my shoulder and then back at me.

“I don't think so ma'am, but I do think if we continue speaking, your boyfriend may come back up those stairs and I really don't want to imagine  what he'd do.” He said timidly.

“Oh ok.. Well have a good night!” I told him.

“You too he said,” and he then ran off.

I turned around and I saw Sam at the bottom of the short staircase looking up at me, taking in every inch of me as I made my way down the steps. He was really like my Prince Charming at this moment. Nothing in the room mattered but the way he was looking at me right at this moment. It was as if I was everything he saw and my heart was beginning to feel like it would jump right out of my chest. My stomach, butterflies wouldn't begin to describe the way everything was turning in there right now. My breath, it was beginning to get so much harder to breathe as I made my way down the stairs, making me wonder if I would fall. As I hit my last and put my hand through Sam's he whispered in my ear.