Chapter Twenty Eight

Flashback

"I really think he would hear us," I said as quietly as I could while Sam was kissing my stomach, he licked me and made me giggle then looked back up at me.

"I highly doubt it. He could sleep through a hurricane," I looked at him questionably while he made his way and hovered over me. This was the first time that I snuck over while Lucas was asleep and even though Sam and I had sex before, I was extremely nervous about Lucas catching us.

"But like, you know, I don't want him to walk in on us doing anything..."

"Inappropriate?" He asked, while he bent down and kissed my neck, sucking on it.

"Well it would be inappropriate for him to see. You know I've read that those things are traumatizing for children... Ahh," I giggled as he sucked on my sensitive spot, which made him stop and look at me.

"I did lock the door," he calmly stated.

"What? But what if he needs something?" I lifted my head, trying to move from under Sam but he didn't budge. Instead he took my two hands and held it down.

"Stop overthinking. And researching children? Are you?" He smiled while he asked and I wriggled trying to get out from under him again.

"I thought it might be useful since I spend so much time with you guys now," I lied and he laughed a little.

"I don't believe you," he said and kissed the top of my nose, " and stop trying to get away, I already got your top off, see," and he poked my stomach making me jump.

"Stop. And I know but I really don't want him to see anything that he shouldn't... Or that would scar him." 

"Well technically you aren't his mother so it wouldn't scar him. And secondly, if you don't want to have sex with me, we could just talk," he said and laid down on his side next to me.

"Why do you think I don't want to have sex with you?" I asked.

"Because you still have all those clothes on," he teased and pulled on my bra strap. "You'll make a great mom one day, you already have the worrying part down," he said as he trailed his fingers across my collar bone.

"I've never thought about that.... Before you," I said and looked up at him shyly while I turned on my side and looked at him and he smiled.

"About being a mom?" He asked.

"Yea, I don't even think I wanted kids," I confessed.

"And now?" He asked, making his way to my fingers, and playing with them.

"Just seeing you with Lucas, I don't know. It's just so different from anything I've ever seen before, " I chuckled, "well from any guy I've dated."

"And I assume that I'm the first man you've dated with a son?" He propped himself up now.

"Yes," and he looked a little worried.

"That doesn't scare you?"

"Why would it?"

"Well you know he's ... What you Americans say... Baggage?" I laughed at the way he said 'Americans'.

"He could never be. I love you guys." He smiled and of course I blurted out the L word, which I'm sure he noticed, "well you know what I mean, I care about you guys you know, even though it's only been a short time that I've known you and he is such an adorable child..."