20

When I woke up it was pitch black. No light greeted me when my eyes opened and I was surrounded by the dark void. Was I even awake? I couldn't tell as the deafening silence befell the room and captured me into its quiet. Where was I? I didn't know. All of a sudden, there was a click and a pair of shoes that I could only tell was that they were walking into the room. A slam of the door led me to my answer and I knew that my kidnapper was staring at me right in the face.

I tried to speak but I was silenced by a cloth wrapped around my head and covering my mouth. I couldn't speak, they had silenced me. They didn't speak as they walked around the room. The only sound to be heard was the clicking of their shoes as they went around. I could feel their presence behind me as they did a full circle before they stopped. No sound emitted at all from either of us.

I could sense their aim was to keep their voice unknown as it came awfully deep and you could tell it had been adjusted. "Tsk tsk Y/n. How could you ever think that you belonged with him?" Their voice came out dark and deep. I didn't know who they were at all, yet that was the point. So I didn't know. I couldn't reply to their demands and it was what scared me the most. Although it could've been the slap across the face that followed. Their dark laughter only intimidated me more and more.

The cloth covering my mouth was removed. "W-Who are you?" I couldn't help but stutter. My voice was shaking as of how frightened I had been from my kidnapping. Another slap. Two. Three. I felt my face flare up in pain as they continued to hit me with all of their might. A light turned on and illuminated the room but their back was to me. They were in a suit yet they were short. Shorter than anyone I have known. I looked down and I was clearly tied up.

My arms felt numb from the pain and I couldn't move. They turned around and I felt my blood run cold. I remember now. It was him and I couldn't escape. Ever since I had rejected his marriage proposal on our vacation to Spain, he had always been following me around. I knew he had been upset by it. It had ruined him. His anger radiated off him in waves and looked over at me as I felt attacked from just looking in my direction.

"Y/n. Snap out of it, we have much to discuss now that you're here and back with me again. First of all, we are getting married tomorrow morning. But I'm also going to show you our new house, as husband and wife. How does that sound Y/n?" He raised an eyebrow. No. I can't. I shook my head rapidly and I saw something in his eyes. Something that shook my very core and regretted my actions. He walked over with power in his step and stopped right in front of me.

I arched my head back and looked up at him in fear as he looked down at me in disgust. "How dare you look at me like that, you ungrateful bitch." He spat out. I flinched at his words and looked back down at the floor. I'm in trouble and I don't know how to get out of it. His eyes stared into mine and I knew that I was in trouble, he was going to kill me. Or was he. I couldn't tell. His eyes were hooded and I could barley tell who he was anymore.

This wasn't the man that I had fallen in love with many years before. This was someone different, an imposter and I couldn't tell why. He was just gone and there was nothing I could do about it anymore. Except for playing along with his sick and twisted game. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Please forgive me." His eyes softened and I saw something in him. Something snapped and his shell fell. "Oh Y/n, all I have ever wanted I for you to love me." He smiled softly.

My breathing calmed as he moved behind me and begun to untie me from the chair I had been bound to. I tried to stand up but my knees buckled and I fell to the floor. I was instantly swept off my feet and pressed against his chest. I can't do this. I can't pretend to be happy with him when all I want is to be with Taeyong, the person who I truly love. The person that I truly want. Shots. Bang. Bang.

A fusillade of bullets rained outside of the door as I questioned what was happening. I barely saw his head turn as I was thrown back against the wall and he drew his gun. The door burst open and the police swarmed in, raging in groups of three or more. My head hurt. I couldn't move, looking down I saw blood dripping. My hand went up and touched the back of my head and drew it back, it was bleeding. I'm bleeding.

What was happening? I couldn't see as my vision began to get blurry and everything moved in slow motion. It all hurt. But then I saw Taeyong, his face of worry as he ran into the room and fell in front of me. Bang. Bang. He was laying on the floor, unconscious.