Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
I didn't sleep a wink that night. I tossed and turned for a few hours before giving up around 4 am. Now it's 5, and it's time that I go talk to Cameron.

I braided my hair back and threw on a random pair of clothes before heading down the hall to where he was staying for the time being. Before I could even knock, he was swinging the door open and welcoming me in.

I looked around, expecting Amilia to be asleep in his bed. However, the bed was made and she's nowhere to be found.

"Where's Amilia," I questioned, cocking an eyebrow.

Cameron shrugged. "She's with Mal. They are having a sleepover."

"Oh," I muttered.

When did they get so close? Just earlier today they were fighting.

Cameron gave me a sympathetic look as he plopped down on the bed and patted the spot next to him. I pushed Mal and Amilia out of my mind as I sat next to him.

He saw my mood shift instantly. He furrowed his eyebrows and placed a comforting hand over mine. "What's wrong?"

"There's something I have to tell you," I admitted as I took in a shaky breath. "But it's bad and I need you to promise me that you won't do anything rash."

Cameron eyed me for a moment before slowly nodding. "I promise I'll try."

I bit my lip and glanced down. The second I tell him, he's going to try and give himself up. I have to convince him otherwise. I have to. I can't bare... controlling him.

"I had a dream. Or something. But it was real. And Stefan was there," I started.

Cameron slowly nodded, motioning for me to go on.

"He said, ah. He said that he wants you."

The blood started to drain from Cameron's face. "What do you mean, wants me?"

"I don't know," I sighed. "He wouldn't say. But he was pretty adamant about getting you."

"Okay," Cameron nodded. "So what do we do? It's just a threat, right?"

"I hope so. He said we have three days before he starts killing innocent people."

Cameron's eyes widened. He stood up, beginning to pace in front of me.

"It's okay, we're going to figure this out," I told him as I stood up to place a comforting hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged me off of him and stepped away. "No. We already know what we are going to do. We turn me in."

"Not an option," I informed him.

His wild eyes turned on me. "I will not be responsible for the deaths of innocents."

"I know," I muttered. "But what about Amilia? If you go there and they hurt you, she'll feel it. If you die, she dies."

Cameron cursed under his breath and ran a frustrated hand through his hair. "Then I reject her."

Oh, god. "Cameron, you're talking crazy."

Cameron shook his head. "No. Rejecting her will protect her. And then I can turn myself in."

"Cameron, no," I growled.

He turned toward me, throwing his arms up in the air. "So what do you expect me to do?"

"For right now, give me the three days to think of a plan. Once the three days are up we can talk about this, okay," I stated, not sure what else to do.