Luv yeah

Chapter 9- The Shadow Realm

Luv yeah <3

S.E Rose

I found myself grabbing my paints and heading to the back of the school. The wet grass squeaked and splattered where ever I took a step and the strong wind threatened to knock me over and send my paints flying. I was tired of painting on paper so I'm going to step it up a little; I eyed the three spots I could paint on the wall. I could always do the whole thing...I put in my new head phones in my ears and picked the colour aqua blue. A picture of Nate flashed before my eyes...no I wouldn't draw him but what about something that people would remember him by. The bell rang for students to head to class but I gladly ignored it, its P.E and Loren's in that class...I doubt she wants to see me.

My paint brush glided against the grey stone wall. I added bright colours to the back ground and when it came down to his name I made it darker, so it would just pop against the beautiful collage of color.

"Danielle Blake!" screamed someone behind me, I spun around and my eyes widened. Dammit there stood my scary ass principle. Her brown curly hair was scary perfect and her brown beady eyes always seem to stare into my soul whenever I get into trouble.

"Yes" I spoke boldly.

"What is this!! " she screamed again, I raised an eyebrow.

"It's art, and do you mind not screaming I think I'm going def" I answered sarcastically. I swear if it was possible for steam to come out of the ears it would be happening right now.

"Do not use that tone with me young lady! This is a violation! What is it" she spat out, I lifted my head a little higher.

"Something to remember Nate by, because you know he died and I don't want him to be forgotten" I answered sadly, the principal's expression softened a bit.

"It's still not aloud Danielle and your skipping while your doing this" I nodded my head not wanting to speak."It is beautiful I must say, the colours are magnificent but this is not aloud, we might have to cover it up with white paint. Come with me we have to phone your parents" I followed her to the office in silence.

When I looked through the glass windows into the office I noticed Loren was in there talking to the secretary. I looked away from her quickly before she noticed me staring.

"I better get back to class" spoke Loren. I looked back up, Loren turned around and met my eyes she sneered.

"What did you do?" Loren growled. The principle spoke up before I got the tone to open my mouth to answer.

"She drew a painting on the back of the school so Nate Thompson wouldn't be forgotten" she spoke fondly looking down at me with warm eyes, maybe she wasn't so bad after all."I have to go talk to John so I'll be right back, Danielle stay"

"That makes me sound like a dog" I whispered under my breath.

"Sooo" Loren said drawling out 'o' "you really did that?" I nodded my head not meeting Loren's eyes.

"That's really nice...but It'll never make up for what you did" she said coldly. With that said, Loren turned away from me and walked out the office door.

I never thought I would say this but I miss hanging out with Loren. Hearing her bitch about how I should dress more girly and how she has her moments where she would never leave your side if you needed her, but I lost her...and for a good reason to.

"Come Danielle let's phone your parents now" I looked up and met the principles eyes.

"Okay principle" I added, she gave a small laugh.