chapter six - ❝is it true?❞

"Don't be so shy, Harry!" Fred poked the younger boy in his side as George joined him. "We'll make sure you'll end up with (Y/N). Promise!"

"But I don't want to be with (Y/N)!" he called out, pinching the bridge of his nose while groaning. "Please, you two. Stop."

Ron only watched as the two older Weasleys were bothering Harry of his "crush." It was funny - Ron knew who actually had a crush on (Y/N), but he swore not to spill it.

"Oh, Harry, (Y/N) is a keeper, I swear!" Fred winked and Harry groaned.

"Sounds like you're the one who's got a crush, Fred," Ron snorted and he got thrown a pillow by his brother. Harry held back a chuckle.

"But don't worry, Harry," George said, holding his shoulder. "We definitely won't keep it a secret!" Fred and George sprinted out the common room before Harry could pull them back. He groaned and looked at Ron. "What are we going to do about them, Ron?! They're going to tell the entire school I like (Y/N) when I clearly do not!"

Ron scoffed. "Yeah, you've got the hots for Ginny, yeah?"

"No I don't," Harry muttered as he kneaded his eyebrows. He stood up and walked out. He needed to talk to someone, and who else was trustworthy enough that Tom?

Dinner was being served in the Great Hall and the majority of students were already seated at their tables. Harry saw Fred and George storm into the Hall - he chased after them. When he finally got there, Fred and George skipped to the middle of the room. "Attention Hogwarts!" Fred shouted through the building, making every single head turn his way.

"Our friend, Harry - he would like the attention of a special lady!"

"A special lady indeed!"

The twins pointed at the Hufflepuff table. (Y/N) sat there with her spoon halfway to her mouth, raising her eyebrow at the two. "There, (Y/N) (L/N), the pretty and smart Keeper of Hufflepuff!" The Great Hall turned into a market - people were screaming and yelling at each other and trying to make sense of what just happened. Ron entered the Hall.

"What is wrong with you two?!" he asked while pushing them - not even gently. Fred seemed to be a little surprised.

"We're helping Harry."

"No, you're embarrassing him! Can't you see how uncomfortable he is?" They all turned to Harry, who was trying to deal with all the eyes on him. George clicked his tongue. "I guess we really did go over the line, huh?" he said.

"You think?!" Ron exclaimed as he pushed them out of the Great Hall. He held Harry by the shoulder. "Are you alright?" he whispered. "Here, you should have something to eat-"

Harry's focus wasn't on Ron's words, though. His eyes really were fixed on Hufflepuff's table. Ron widened his eyes.

"Oh Merlin. You really do have a crush on her."

"Ron, no, not on her!" He groaned, holding his forehead. "What is wrong with people? You know Tom likes her, and I'm not really attracted to girls."

"Wait. Not even Ginny?"

"No, Ginny is a good friend, much like you." Harry sighed and turned around, walking away from the people. He escaped to Tom's chamber, trying to deal with the situation, and eventually falling asleep.

🌺🌻🌺🌻🌺🌻🌺🌻

Tom hadn't seen Harry since the weird situation in the Great Hall the day before. It had been a day and there was still no sign of the boy. He was panicky and as he was walking back and forth through the entire castle, he occasionally bumped into (Y/N), Cedric, Ron, and Hermione.