Chapter 14

A/N

Hey peeps! This week was my first week of school and I'm really sorry about not updating! But it's a three day weekend which gives me more time to update! YEAH! Please comment, fan, vote or message me! Here's chapter 14! :)

Zayn’s POV

I lay there on the couch letting Sophie’s silent breathing calm my racing heart. I looked over at her calm, sleeping face and took the time to study her. She's more beautiful in real life than in any of the pictures Louis had shown us on tour. With her beautiful, golden blonde hair that went past her shoulders in beautiful curls, the same hair that looked so soft and silky that I constantly had to fight the urge to run my fingers through it. But the thing that got me every time I looked at her was her eyes.

Those blue-grey eyes that reminded me of the sky when it rained, those same eyes that when I looked into them for the first time made me realize I was a goner and that I would do anything to be with her. My eyes traced their way down her delicate features and made their way down to her soft, pink lips. Before I knew what I was doing I leaned down until my lips were slanted just above hers. I drew in a sharp breath and then abruptly sat back up. What the heck was I doing!?

What if Louis had chosen that moment to walk down the stairs? If he had found out that I was falling for Sophie he would have personally chopped off my man parts himself! I put my head in my hands and shook my head. “Man, I am turning into a real pansy,” I muttered under my breath. I scooted myself to the far end of the couch, careful of Sophie who was lying on my chest, and lay my head back down on one of the pillows. My eyelids drooped down and I fell asleep to the sound of Sophie’s heart beating at the same pace as mine.

Sophie’s POV

I was falling, my arms flailing in the air as I tried to stop myself from connecting with the hard, sharp rocks at the bottom of the cliff. I tried to scream but no sound came out and the cold, harsh wind burned my throat. The wind whipped my hair violently against my face and then suddenly my ears were filled with malicious laughter. I turned my head in the direction of the laughter and saw 5 figures standing at the top of the cliff. The boys’ cruel gazes held mine as they each bent down and pelted rocks at me.

One hit me square in the forehead and I could feel the blood oozing down from the wound and into my eyes. I touched my forehead tenderly and looked at the blood that now stained my fingers. A couple fell from the top and hit their target as my body was bruised, bloody and numb. I curled myself into a ball as I fell closer and closer to my death, the boys’ cruel laughter still ringing through the air. I felt someone shaking me but ignored it as I braced myself for the impact.

 As I was close enough to touch, the shaking became more violent and I could hear a muffled voice as I was pulled away from my nightmare. My eyes flew open and I could feel myself break into a cold sweat as I took in my surroundings. I could feel tears brimming my eyes as I thought about my dream. It had seemed so real that for a minute I actually thought I was going to die and the thought of dying was what had scared me the most about my dream. I felt a big tear drop down my cheek as I started to sob violently.

A big pair of arms wrapped around my waist and I felt myself being pulled into a warm embrace. Even though I didn’t know who the person was I couldn’t help but feel safe in their arms. I turned to thank the person and came face to face with Zayn. I was so shocked that I felt my jaw drop open and I felt my mouth open and close though no words were coming out.

“Sophie are you alright?” He asked me, concern evident in his voice. I scooted away from him and felt my cheeks flame up as I realized I had been sitting in his lap.

“Sophie…” He said as I interrupted him.

“Just a dream, the thing I want to know is why you’re sleeping on the couch cuddling with me,” I said as I threw him an accusing look. His face turned a deep shade of red as he started stammering, trying to find the words to say.

“After you were done crying you got really sleepy and you asked if I could sleep with you last tonight and I said I would so I sat down on the other end of the couch but you ended up scooting over in the middle of the night and cuddling up to me, I swear I didn’t try anything with you I just didn’t want to wake you up,” he babbled. A guilty expression flitted across my face as I vaguely recalled asking him to sleep with me that night.

“Sophie look, I’m really so..” He said before I interrupted him again.

“It’s fine Zayn, I do a lot of things in my sleep including cuddling up to someone,” I said. He looked over at me with an unreadable expression and looked me up and down shamelessly. I averted my gaze and cleared my throat, his gaze making me feel uncomfortable and a little insecure.

“You done?” I asked him as he finished checking me out. A flash of surprise flitted across his face as his cheeks started to turn a shade of pink. I could feel my cheeks heat up as he stood up and the blanket fell off his shoulders revealing his hot, muscular body. I looked him up and down as he turned his back to me and took the time to check him out. Damn, that boy was sooo fine.

With his silky, midnight black hair and warm brown eyes. Not to mention how he looked like a model with his perfect, chiseled features and full lips that made him look like he was pouting. He also had the most drool worthy body, with his toned, muscular arms and legs and six pack. I looked down at his cute butt as he turned around and flashed his million dollar smile as he caught me checking him out.

“See something you like?” He asked in his adorably cute accent.

“I’m going to get something to eat, I’m famished,” I said lamely. He chuckled at my remark and went to grab his shirt that was discarded on the ground. I finally got air into my lungs as he pulled the shirt over his head so that his rock hard, perfectly toned chest was covered. I turned on my heel and practically ran into the kitchen, trying to get away from my awkward situation. I breathed a sigh of relief as I heard him walk up the stairs and then disappear from my sight. I shook my head as one thought keep ringing through my head That boy is too attractive for his own good and I swear one day he is going to be the death of me.