My failed recipe

I've been trying to make a coffee flavored mug cake for a month and a half. In total, I tried creating this recipe 18 times I think? Usually, I do 3 - 5 tries each time I work on a recipe. Sadly, only my last six tries ended up looking like cakes for this recipe.

(More description - you can skip to the next bold paragraph) Basically, the cake looked like boiling lava or a desert. NOT a dessert. All of the tries made my kitchen smell like burnt coffee. I finally gave up because I'm at a loss of how to fix it. The recipe I achieved in my last try is as follows;

4 tablespoons of flour, 1/2 of a teaspoon of baking powder, 1/4 of a teaspoon of cinnamon, a sugary coffee concoction (that I made in a separate bowl) made of 2 tablespoons of coffee crystals, 2 tablespoons of water, and then I melted 2 tablespoons of sugar into it. I then added 4 tablespoons of that concoction to my cake and 1/4 of a tablespoon of peppermint extract (to bring down the overwhelming taste of the coffee and to not drink up the kitchen). It was a mess.

Since I'd already postponed this recipe for a whole month to work on it, I didn't want to postpone it again. I just wanted to tell y'all what I was working on because I built it up quite a bit.

The reason I'm devoting a chapter to this is because I worked really hard on trying to make this recipe and I'm proud of how much effort I put into this. This is also a pretty memorable moment because this is the first recipe that I haven't succeeded at, one for the scrapbook! I hope to return to this recipe later on when I have more experience.

Enough of all the drama. If you'd wish to attempt creating this recipe or if you've figured out the recipe, feel free to comment down below. I'll be posting this chapter and a recipe today because this isn't really a recipe. See you in a bit!