Boiling Water in the Microwave

I'm back for the first time in two months. School became too much for me to handle while I was constantly trying to make new recipes. I hope you understand. This isn't the first time I've said this (and probably not the last either), but I'm sorry for not updating for the past couple months. As of now, we'll be able to have our normal Sunday updates until school stops me, or until I run out of ideas.

With that being said, I was working on making other types of pasta and noodles in the microwave and realized that I'd get frustrated a lot because the water would always boil out of the mug I was using. This is saying a lot because the mugs I use hold 3 cups of liquid and I was only using 1 cup of water to boil my pasta. (If you want to buy these mugs, I've seen similar ones in the dollar store!)

I remembered from chemistry class that salt drops the freezing point and raises the boiling point of water so I decided to throw some into the water I was trying to boil. Doing this was a huge success and I no longer needed to wipe the microwave every time I tried to boil water!

I also realized that the water was warm enough - before it bubbled - to cook noodles in when the salt was added. I tested this out using fusilli noodles (it sounds fancier than it is) and a bullion cube in the water. It ended up working really well. If you want more in-depth detail on the example recipe I used for this, comment down below and I might edit this later on and add the recipe.