Chapter nine

I'm not even taking this seriously anymore. I'm sorry. I can't help myself. This is trash and I love it. Also, sorry this is so short.

"Harry?"

He strutted over to where I was seated, a wild look in his eyes. A woman stood at the doorway, looking slightly intimidated. 

He pulled me by the front of my shirt (or I guess the shirt I stole from him) and kissed me. I stood, not disconnecting our lips. He cradled my face like it was made of glass, holding me as if I was the unstable one here. 

When I finally did pull away, I glared down at him. "What did you do?"

He looked like he was going to cry.  

"What did you do?" I repeat, voice as stern as I could make it. He tucks some hair behind my ear, not answering my question immediately. 

Eventually, he tucks me into his chest like I was the one close to tears. Like I was the broken one. 

"Potter," I warn. He shushes me, petting down my well-styled hair. 

After a moment, he finally responds. "He's going to kill you."

"Yeah, a lot of people want to kill me. Be more specific, please," I say, feeling anxious under everyone's gaze. Harry rocked me for a few seconds longer and I knew it was to give him a chance to work up some of that Gryffindor courage. 

"Lucius. I saw him. He said he was going to kill you. Draco, he's going to kill you," he cries into my hair. I pull back to hold his face in my hands, brushing his tears away with the pads of my fingers. 

"Oh, you won't let him, though. Dating an Auror sure has its benefits," I joke, causing a sad chuckle to emit from his quivering lips. 

"I can't lose you," he whispers before kissing my forehead gently. 

"Hey, I know you guys are having a crisis, but what the fuck," Ron says after a gentle moment of silence. 

"Language, Ronald," Hermione snaps. "And leave them be."

"Wait, you're the one who swore at me!" the girl by the door finally said. I raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Yeah? What are you going to do about it, cunt?" I couldn't fight the smile crawling onto my face even if I tried. I'd only every playfully called Harry a cunt, and it just sort of slipped out now. Oops. 

Meanwhile, Harry let out another, more upbeat chuckle into my shoulder. "Did you actually just call her a cunt? Merlin, Draco."

"Who the hell are you calling a cunt?" she cried shrilly. I could only scoff as she stormed back outside. 

"Would you mind explaining what just happened," Dudley said at last, a look of bewilderment on his face. "Since when are you two dating?"

"About fifth year," I guess, trying to pinpoint when in the year we had actually gotten together. My old age brings memory loss with it, I suppose. 

"Oh," was his only response. We all stood in silence for a few moments, Harry hanging onto me like a lifeline. In all honesty, I guess I was. 

"Is that my shirt?" Harry finally whispers, breaking the silence at last. 

"Of course not," I mutter, avoiding his expectant eyes. 

"Cute," he says lowly before once again hiding in my chest. 

~~~

Harry

I managed to drag Draco down to my workplace, Ron hot on my heels. Hermione decided it would be best to take Rose home, so she missed this mission, sadly.

Draco was resistant, to say the least. He had never liked facing authority, a trait he had learned in his early years. 

I led the way to Shacklebolt's office, softly fuming. Cordelia was already there. 

"Sir, please, we need to do something," I manage to say, Draco's hand grasped firmly in my own. He only raised an eyebrow at our intimate stance. "Please, he's going to hurt him."

"Yes, Mr. Potter, your partner has already filled me in," Shacklebolt says sternly. "I'm not sure what you want me to do about this. Malfoy would obviously target his son, we have gone over this."

"But now it's happening," I cried, gripping tighter onto my lover's hand. 

"I'm slightly baffled, Mr. Potter. I thought you and," his eyes shifted to Draco, "didn't get along. I've seen your records from Hogwarts."

Mutely, I raised my left hand, allowing the engagement ring to shimmer in the light. "We're engaged."