Chapter twelve

It was a few days later when Friday came around. Harry would be going to the Weasley's for dinner.

"I can skip if you want me to stay," Harry suggested this morning. I assured him to go, that I'll be fine. Because I would be, I've spent so many nights without him, even if they weren't very good nights. I would survive.

When Harry left for work, I stayed in bed. My boss has been really insistent that I stay home, even if we were understaffed. That was nice, I guess.

When I finally got up and dressed it was almost noon. I stumbled into the kitchen in hopes of eating, but unsure if I would be able to.

Maybe I'll eat tonight.

Harry

Before heading home, I flooed the burrow to ask if Draco could come with me. I didn't think he would be very excited for it, but at least he would be able to get out of the house and be productive. He's been falling into a depressed state in the last few days and I'm hoping to prevent the worst of it.

When I got home, Draco was in bed. He had my lap top on his lap but it was still on the lock screen.

I slid out of my work clothes, finding something casual to wear to dinner. "Come on, get dressed, you're coming with me."

"What?" Draco mumbles mostly to himself. He stands anyway, slipping in front of me so he held my attention. "To dinner?"

"Yeah, I asked if it was okay and they said that they would love you to come with." Draco looked confused by this, but turned to the closest anyway, still standing directly in front of me. Instead of complaining like I wanted to, I pressed my cheek into his back, breathing him in.

"What do I wear?" he asks, flipping through some of his shirts.

"Something casual. I usually don't bother dressing up for it," I mumble into his back, smiling when I feel it move under my cheek as he pulls a shirt down. I eventually have to pull back when he changes his shirt, and I get back to dressing as well.

He reluctantly follows me through the floo to the Weasley's when the time comes. His hand clutched mine, and when we stepped through, he daintily dusted his shoulders off, still holding onto me like a lifeline.

We still have a while until dinner so I go off to see Hermione and Ron. Surprisingly, Draco breaks off and wanders into the living room, comfortably falling into conversation with Charlie. I smiled, feeling myself relax slightly. I knew he would figure something out.

Eventually, Ron and Hermione got caught up in a conversation together and I felt like I was intruding, so I stepped away to find Draco. He was still talking to Charlie.

I slide next to him and loop an arm around his shoulders but he barely glances over. They were talking about dragons, of course. I lean in and kiss Draco's temple, but don't interrupt the conversation. Instead, I sat back, relishing the comfort of the burrow and Draco together.

We were eventually called for dinner and Draco returned to my side, sliding his fingers to fit with mine. We found a spot by Ron and Hermione, but he didn't seem to mind too much. The meal was as busy as usual, a few too many conversations going on at once to really be able to think.

Draco and I talked for a bit, but we didn't have much to say. He seemed more upbeat than the past few days and I was glad that I had brought him along. Maybe he would come with me more often.

Dinner was short, like usual. Ron ate more than he should've, but he seemed pleased. Everyone stood and started to help clean up before Mrs. Weasley waved us off. Everyone scurried off to the living room and Draco followed as I did the same.

"We should play a game," Hermione suggested. "Just like we used to when we were in school."

I pulled Draco by the hand to sit down next to me on the couch. He leaned into me, although he didn't seem to like the idea of playing a game with my friends. He opened his mouth to refuse but I leaned in before he could.

"Be a good boy for me and play," I whispered. His mouth snapped shut and the tips of his ears began to glow an angry red. I smiled at his reaction, leaning back further so he could rest on my chest.

A game of truth or dare started up. It was mostly innocent because we could no longer force people to sneak into other common rooms and steal something. That used to be our go to dare.

Eventually, Ron started to get bored. Hermione seemed to notice because it was then that she made things interesting.

"Ron, dear, I dare you to kiss Draco," she said with an evil smile. Draco snorted next to me but glanced over at me before leaning into Ron. I gave him a nod, letting him know I'm okay with this.

Ron looked more uncomfortable than I've ever seen him. Draco was meeting him half way, but Ron was leaning back as far as he could. Draco seemed to get slightly impatient because he grabbed Ron by the collar and dragged him forward, planting a gentle kiss on his lips. He looked surprised but didn't pull back, even when Draco's hand drifted to his cheek. When they pulled back, Ron looked bothered and Draco licked his lips seductively before falling bad to lean on me and laughing harder than I have heard in a long time.

"Oh my god, your face," Draco wheezes and Ron sits back, looking slightly shellshocked.

"I hate all of you," Ron declares before sinking back into his chair and picking the next person to dare into doing something dumb.