Stucky | Hand Holding (P1)

Prompt #1

     No matter where or when the two were together, Steve was always holding Bucky's hand. It never mattered what situation they were in, Steve was always holding his lover's hand. He did it so often, that no one seemed to question it. It was simply something he did all of the time. Steve never cared when he did it, he only cared that Bucky was by his side. 

     It never mattered to him if they were meeting a Captain America fan, or if they were in line to get tickets for a new movie that was released, or if it was just a subconscious habit of his, but he was always holding his lover's hand, or he was playing with Bucky's fingers. Even though it seemed like a strange habit to Bucky, deep down, he absolutely loved it. He found it adorable in all ways. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Eventually, a couple of the other Avengers did get curious as to why he did small things like that with Bucky. The first one to ask Steve or Bucky about it all was Natasha. (of course, it was her.) It had taken a while for Steve to respond, but, eventually, he let out some very heartfelt words.

"Ok, so, I always see you -either- holding hands with Bucky, or just playing with his fingers. And I gotta ask, why do you do that?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. But I do have a vague idea that it might be because I couldn't reach for his hand before, and now I don't want to let go of him so easily, again." 

He said solemnly as past memories flashed right in front of his face.

------------------------------

Word Count:  279

------------------------------

This takes place after the events of CA:CW, where both sides have gotten over their differences. 

Also, I get that this is short, but, I thought that it was adorable.