C h a p t e r_ T h i r t e e n

AYUMI

I was so relieved we were both alive, but Yuki told me--before I was possessed--that only one of us would leave alive. Honestly? As much as I love to live, I'd rather Naomi to live. I want to reunite with Satoshi and Yoshiki, even if I have to die. Which one I love, I'm not quite sure. But romance can't be dealt with right now, especially if the loved ones are dead, and one of them is arm-less.

Yeah. Totally not a normal romance.

 I sauntered alongside my friend, feeling gloomy. I just confessed to her the thing I most feared. Life or death. I think our dead friends get to play a game of poker to see who would be alive, and who would die. Nice. And I still call them my friends. I sigh, and Naomi glances at me worriedly. "Ayumi... If we have a choice, I want you to live," she promised me. "What?" I slow my pace, causing her to halt. I spun around angrily. "You should live!" I objected. She gave me a light smile. "Ayumi, my ankle is gonna break if we move faster, which we kind of need to. I'm useless."

"You just ripped your shirt to shreds for me!" I sobbed. I had no idea why I was crying. I was furious for some particular reason. "Are you just trying to die so you can hang out with Satoshi without a care in the world? Well, I, of everyone, will not allow it! He's dead, Naomi, and know it!" I blurted out. Then I cursed myself silently. I was too angry, so I spilled everything else out.

I can't live. I'll collapse under the burden. The Heavenly Curse, I shall call it, but it will not be heavenly, indeed. A look of hurt flashed in her eyes, but then rapidly replaced by disbelief. Suddenly, I had a headache. The intensity expanded, and I clutched my temple, beginning to scream. "Ayumi?!" she exclaimed frantically. "Shinozaki!"

"I told you not to go..."

I gave her a wicked grin.

"So prepare to die, slowly and painfully!"