Tails and Tales

TW: Mentions of past-rape

Namjoon keeps his promise to take Jimin hunting. Jungkook joins them. His wolf form is pitch black and much larger than Jimin's. The omega is dwarfed compared to both of the alphas. Jimin has always been proud of his wolf however. His coat is pure white, very uncommon in this part of the world.

The territory is unfamiliar to Jimin, but he maps it out in his mind the best he can.

They return to the pack with Namjoon dragging a large stag and Jungkook carrying the other rodents that he and Jimin caught. The alpha had insisted that he carry them for the omega. Jimin let him. He was tired from running around all morning.

The alphas take the prey to the center of the camp to be skinned and put into a meal. Jimin heads into the omega den to change before heading back outside and joining his pack mates. He tries to remind himself that this entire pack is his now, but it's hard to adjust.

Taehyung is with the omegas and betas from Jimin's old pack. The omegas are in love with Jiah and Taehyung proudly shows her to everyone. There's another omega with him that Jimin doesn't recognize. Jimin isn't surprised that Taehyung and Jiah don't go around by themselves.

"Oh Jiminie!" Taehyung exclaims when he spots the omega. "I was waiting for you to get back. How'd it go?"

Jimin sits on the ground with Taehyung and the group of omegas playing with Jiah. Taehyung holds the pups arms while she tries to stand. She only succeeds to bounce in place. Jimin smiles at the sight.

"It was fun," Jimin answers. He liked getting to know the area more. It makes him feel less trapped here. "The forest is beautiful."

The two talk for a few hours with the other omegas. Taehyung has to breast feed Jiah, but it's comfortable in front of the omegas. Most mothers aren't shy about feeding their pups in public. Male omegas only have breasts after pregnancy. They aren't very large, barely noticeable with a shirt on, but they're there.

Jimin thinks he can see himself being friends with Taehyung. He's cheerful and kind. Somewhat like an oversized puppy.

"Tae! Come eat!" The omegas' heads snap at the sound of Hoseok's voice.

Taehyung pulls Jiah against his chest and gets to his feet. "Come with us Minnie."

Jimin doesn't argue. Taehyung's mates are polite enough. Besides, Jimin should get to know his new pack. Especially Namjoon, although the alpha isn't around now.

There's a large pot of stew being made in the center of the camp. Jimin can smell the cooking meat and vegetables. A few wolves are spooning portions into wooden bowls, Hoseok being one of them.

Jimin stays by Taehyung's side. Different packs have different customs for who eats first and Jimin isn't sure how they operate yet.

"Pregnant omegas eat first," Taehyung says, almost reading Jimin's mind. "Then the new mothers and any pups eating hard foods."

Jimin nods. "Do you want me to take Jiah while you eat?"

"You can. I can't promise one of her dads won't come by too." Taehyung smiles and places Jiah in Jimin's arms. The pup grabs at Jimin's ears and makes babbling, happy sounds. Jimin smiles at her and speaks in a soft voice to her.

Hoseok gives Taehyung a bowl of stew after the others have been fed. Jimin guesses that Taehyung insists on eating last. His position makes him sort of like the pack Luna? Are all of Namjoon's mates the Lunas now? Jimin's head hurts thinking about it.

What about Namjoon's prodigy? Jiah's an alpha after all. Will she take over the pack even if she isn't biologically Namjoon's? Jimin supposes that it isn't his to worry about. Still he has to wonder.