Warmth

M-rated for brief sexual content and references to sexual content

Jimin has integrated into the pack easier than he thought he would. It's been about a month now and he thinks he likes it here. The chores are pleasant for him. He gets to socialize and stay busy. He especially enjoys hunting now that he's grown used to the territory. It keeps him strong and makes him feel useful.

Jimin plans to hunt today. He's up early in his own den, as his old pack has finally dispersed into their own private dens. He dresses himself and opens the door to find Hoseok standing there, ready to knock.

"Oh, Jimin," Hoseok says. The alpha is a little bashful and holding two furs in his grasp. "Do you have a second?"

"Yeah. What can do for you, Hoseok-ssi?" Jimin steps to the side to let the alpha in.

"Um we wanted to give you these." Hoseok thrusts the furs in Jimin's direction. "As a welcoming present."

Jimin takes the furs and feels them under his fingers. They're newly made, unlike the old ones his nest is currently made of, and beautiful. Hand made and delicately sewn at the edges.

"We?" Jimin asks.

"Me, Jin-hyung, Yoongi-hyung, Namjoon, Tae, and Kook," Hoseok answers. "We figured since it's getting colder and everything..."

Jimin continues to run his hand over the soft fur. This will surely keep him warm in the harsh winter.

"They're beautiful." Jimin pauses. "They're just welcoming gifts? They look like-"

They look courting gifts. Jimin doesn't let himself say that out loud. The six of them are all mated and have a child. They have no reason to be remotely interested in Jimin.

Hoseok doesn't answer him. "I should be going. Lot of work to do."

Jimin nods. He won't press the issue even if he'll worry over it. Hoseok lets himself out.

Jimin buries his nose in the furs. They smell heavily of all six wolves (and a little of Jiah). Almost like they've been scented. Scenting is only done for courting. Jimin sighs. He rests the furs on the edge of his nest. He could arrange them later.

He's been very particular about his nest lately. No matter how many time he rearranges it, it's never quite right. He hopes the new addition will help. He thinks he's getting homesick. As much as he tries to settle, this isn't the pack he was born in to. His wolf doesn't think this is his home.

Namjoon catches up with Jimin just before the omega heads out to hunt. Jimin is happy to let the alpha join him. Namjoon has a dimpled smile on his face like he usually does in the morning. Jimin always smiles back.

The two head the northern part of the territory to hunt. Twenty minutes in and Jimin hasn't caught anything. His nose is off today and he's more tired than usual. He hasn't been able to sleep because of his dissatisfaction with his nest. All he can really smell is Namjoon.

Jimin takes a break to get a drink from the stream. Namjoon shifts, sitting near the water's edge.

"Jimin." The omega looks at him from the corner of his eye, still drinking. Why is it so hot out all the sudden? The fall has been rather chilly until today.

Jimin shifts when he's done and turns to the alpha. He tries not to let his eyes wander, but Namjoon's body is rather muscular and he really can't help himself.

"Are you in pre-heat?"

Jimin's eyes snap to the alpha's. He hadn't even considered that. He opens his mouth only to close it and ends up looking like a gasping fish. "I- I might be?"