chapter one 💕

"we are 5 seconds of summer and we just want to say thank you so much for having us back again! who's ready to partyyyyy" michael screeches over the microphones and we all cheer back in excitement.

here i am again like i am every year, same girl at the same bands show with the same love and dream in her heart. every year it's the same and the entire night is like a blur of colorful neon strobe lights  going off making everyone in its presence almost an epileptic, every word that they sing from every familiar song that i know so well washes over me like a wave of nothing but love and the sound of excited squeals from the kids around me, i feel like i'm finally home.

"hurry up, why did you wear heels to the airport because we're going to miss them" my friend screamed as we run in through the airport doors to join the small group of people who are already dotted around waiting.

"did we miss them" i ask someone

"nope, they'll be here about 5 or so"

i feel my stomach tighten and my heartbeat increase, i've been waiting for this moment to see and meet them in the flesh for so many years and i have tried every year to do this and now that it's finally here i'm nervous as all fuck and don't know what i'm going to say.

"who do you stan" the girl says.

"huh" i look up in shock.

"who's lane"

"oh, calum... you" i say staring out at the door they're going to walk out of any second.

the girl is still banging on about how she's a michael girl and has met him 9 times or something but i'm too busy watching the door. i know that as soon as it opens and they come out everyone is going to run towards and crowd them, this is why so many events and opportunities to meet them have been canceled and they can't stop.

"i hope everyone is mature" i say to my friend
"you nervous" she asked and pats my shoulder in a comforting way when i nod.

my stomach is in absolute knots as i see people coming out of the door and next thing i know ashton is waving at everyone to come over, some girls are crying, some are screaming and some are having panic attacks.

"go say hello!!" my friend says and pushes me really hard in calum's direction.

"hi" i say quietly.

"how are you" cal says back softly making me melt

"i'm okay, how are you... did you have a nice flight"

he shakes his head and laughs softly, he's even more beautiful in real life.

"oh by the way my name is-"

"i know who you are, you're the one who sent me this" he says cutting me off as he pulls out his phone and scrolls around it quickly then he shows me the email that i had sent months and months ago to their old email they made for fans which didn't work out how it was supposed to and promised too.

"oh my god calum, you've seen it!!" i squeal.

"very lovely" he says.

"well, thank you"

"i should be the one thanking you really, you got me through some pretty heavy times. you're so positive and i was hoping you would be here at shows, it's great to finally meet you"

"umm, how did you know who i was by the way calum"

"the less you know the better... you have your ways, i have mine and i think it should stay like that. give me a hug though" he says with a wink.

i slowly go and give him a hug and my friend takes a photo, he makes me so happy and nowhere has ever felt as warm and safe as his arms just now. i honestly can't ever thank my friend enough for taking me here and bringing me to see him.