chapter eleven 💕

we arrive at the club at 7:15pm, meeting ashton and mitchy inside. i'm so nervous meeting some of calum's friends and i don't know if i am going to be good enough for them or meet their expectations or standards.
we introduce ourselves and calum goes to the bar and gets us all drinks while mitchy, ash and i find a booth to sit in. it's so weird to me being in here because i am not 21 which is the legal age to be in here in america but they just let calum in because they know who he and his bandmates are so they didn't even ID me.

"it's nice to meet you" mitchy says again hugging me when we get to the booth.

"it's nice to meet you too mitchy! i'm a big fan of lovelytheband actually" i tell him.

he beams and looks chuffed with this and i lean over the table towards ashton.

"you too ashton, i love you too!"

he laughs and smiles slightly. i ask mitchy if anyone else is coming and he said that he isn't sure and jordan and sam from his band might later.
cal comes back holding 4 drinks very carefully and places them down.

"so how have you been man!" mitchy says excitedly.

i look at all the people in the opposite booths, i feel like everyone has a hunch i'm younger and it's giving me anxiety but i figured that the reason the boys like bars like this is because the teenage fans can't come in and harass them. i shake it off and listen into mitchy and calum's conversation. i can't help but notice mitchy is extremely obnoxious and loud.

"yeah i've been alright, just working on some stuff at the moment really. what about you, what do you do" i hear mitchy say tapping my hand.

i look up so confused and he asks where i'm from. i tell him i'm from new zealand and he tells me how he's always wanted to travel around new zealand and hits me with questions on it.

"leave her alone mitchy" calum laughs.

cal and ashton go up to get more drinks and mitchy offers to stay with me.

"so, what do you think of cal" he says with a wink.

"he's great" i say spinning the ice around my glass with the straw.

"just great" he raises an eyebrow.

i don't know what kind of drink calum got me but it must have been some strong kind of shit because it's already got me talking heart to heart with mitchy who i hardly know.

"can i be honestly mitchy" i ask.

"of course" he says.

i shuffle on the seat so i'm facing him.

"i'm worried about calum, mitchy. i never know if he's okay or what he wants or needs... sometimes i don't even know what he means" i say putting my head in my hands.

"i could tell you he's fine but you seem like a kind girl, i don't want to lie to you. you and i both know he isn't okay" he sighs.

"why not though" i ask begging him to tell me.

he throws up his hands in a shrugging kind of way and says he doesn't know why or what's really going on but it's just who he is and how he has been since he met him.

"don't go thinking you can change him because it's probably how he's always going to be. if i knew why i would tell you but i just don't hence having no idea how to help" he adds.

calum and ashton come back with two bar trays full of drinks.

"this should keep us going for a few mins" cal jokes.

i sit there quietly sipping a raspberry pop and vodka slowly with a straw. i keep looking at calum and thinking about the conversation i just had with mitchy. i feel so bad because calum needs help but he clearly doesn't want any, he thinks he can fix everything himself but he can't and i know that there's nothing that i can do because he won't even let his friends with mitchy in.

"don't sit on one drink! we're here to have fun" calum says while taking the straw out of my glass of vodka and throwing it on the table.

i put look down at the ice and feel my eyes getting hot and filling with tears. i blink once or twice letting them drop hoping calum doesn't see them under the low and neon lights. he does.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean it like that if you're not a big drinker then that's fine too i just thought you wanted to come out and have fun with us tonight. these dudes are the funniest and coolest motherfuckers to party with, you'll have a good time" he says pointing at mitchy and ashton who wave at me and pull a face.

i wipe my eyes but the tears keep on coming. mitchy rubs my back jokes i'm already one of the emotional drunks and i've only had 2.
the booth is a semi circle kind of shaped couch with a little square coffee table kind of table in the middle. calum slides backwards a bit and puts his arms out to me.

"c'mon" he says and hugs me rubbing my shoulder.

mitchy starts rubbing my back again and ashton come around the other side pushing the table out of the way to crouch down in front.
jordan, sam, luke, michael and crystal come in and find us all like that and gather around too.

"cal... can we talk later please" i eventually ask.

"of course" he says.

the boys all go sit together and crystal sits beside me.

"i'm crystal" she says offering her hand.

i introduce myself to her excited to finally have another girl to talk too.

"come with me, let's get something to eat" she says grabbing my hand taking me up to the bar.

"good, now that we're alone... do you want to tell me what's going on? i know we don't know each other well but i know these boys well, i can help" she says.

i tell her what mitchy told me and that i'm just worried about calum and i want to help him but i know that he clearly doesn't think that he needs help even though he obviously does. she nods and listens to me.

"but hey, what do i know right? i'm no one really... im only going to be around for a few more days at the most before he wants me to leave. i don't expect him to keep me forever" i say walking back to the booth helping her carry the food.

"you're doing the right thing, trust me" she says.

we shut the conversation down since we're back around the boys and we start talking with them about whatever they're talking about.

"i love this song" calum says and jumps up from the booth. 

he grabs me and tells me to come with him and he speed walks to the dance floor. i already know that calum thomas hood can not dance to save his life so i'm scared what's going to happen.
he just kind of stand there for a while not knowing what to do and i just stand there watching him. the song suddenly changes and the crowd boo at the DJ in anger, the next song is this song ride.

"you know this one cal" i ask.

"maybe" he says.

he stand there intently listening to the words. his eyes widened as it says 'fevers fucking running feel the heat between us too, i'm gon ride' he laughs like a little kid and picks me up. i'm still holding onto his bottle of beer and he chugs it down.

"this is a good song" he says.

i wrap my legs around his waste and hug into him and kiss his cheeks.

"i think it's time to go" he says.

we go say goodbye to everyone and it was nice meeting them. crystal says we should do this again sometime here or in new zealand if they come to me then cal and i leave and i finally get him to myself again, who would've thought?