Logan

When I get back to my small apartment, one I've been renting in town that's about 15 minutes away from the Kenyatta house, my phone goes off. When I look at the caller I.D. I see it's Logan. "Hey." I answer as I put my earpiece in and my phone in my back pocket so I can multitask. "What's up?"

"Kat. Hey, I have a favor to ask you."

"I'm not telling you where he is, Logan."

"I already know where he is. Jackson may be very clever, but I never lost track of him. But it doesn't matter I'm not interested in bring him in, I never have been, Jackson has done nothing wrong. Plus right now, at least according to everyone else in the world, he's not Jackson anymore."

"Right..." I sigh, "what do you want?"

"I need you to come with me to Portland. I need to try to get Jackson to come back and help us track down a woman who bombed a safe zone after they found a new hybrid."

"Really?"

"Did you know about the new hybrid?"

"Yeah, Abe and I got a sample from it earlier today. But why would someone bomb the safe zone after they found a new hybrid."

"I don't know. What I do know is there is no team out there like you and Jackson. Kat, if we're gonna find this woman, I need you both."

I chuckle, "That band broke up almost ten years ago, Detective."

"Well, then it needs to get back together."

I take a deep breath, "Fine, when do we need to head out?"

"I'll be landing in Portland tomorrow morning around 6. So the sooner you can get here the better."

"Alright, I'll look up flights and let you know when I'll land. What's the closest running airport?"

"Please, Kat." Logan chuckles, "We both know you know the answer to that."

"Boise, Idaho." Logan and I speak in unison.

"Why haven't you ever gone after him? We all know you want to."

"The way we left things, I think I'm the last person Jackson wants to see."

"Kat, Jackson loves you more than anything else in the world."

"Loved." I correct. "I don't know if he feels that way anymore."

"I know you do and, if you do, I know Jackson does," Logan chuckles, "people like to think that you're the emotional one of the two of you, but Jackson runs on pure emotion."

"Don't I know it." I chuckles softly.

"I'll see you as soon as possible. Let me know when you'll be in."

"I will, see you soon."

Once I pack up I look up flight times, since Ann Arbor is about 6 hours away from Boise I'd have to leave by 10:30 to be at Boise with enough time for us to be in Portland by 6 tomorrow morning. I book my flight and call Dariela to let her know I won't be going with them and Clementine to find Mitch.

When Dariela answers her phone she is in a state of almost panic, "Kat, have you seen Clementine?"

"No, why?"

"She's gone."

"What?"

"Abe and I think she is going to find Mitch on her own."

I scoff, "she's not going alone."

"What do you mean?"

"Who else would want to find Mitch even more than Clem?"

"Jamie..." Dariela sighs.

"Yeah... Two bad asses together? They'll be fine. I'm more worried about whoever comes between them and Mitch."

"But why would she just leave."

"She doesn't want to take you and Abe away from Isaac."

Dariela sighs, "I just don't wanna ride the bench."

"You're raising a child, Dariela, you're not riding the bench."

"Yeah, I guess... So when are you gonna be back? There's still time for a late dinner."

"Yeah... about that..."

"Kat... What's going on?"

"Uh... I got a call from Logan about some bombing in Oregon at a safe zone. He wants me to come out and help with tracking the woman involved."

"Oregon? There was a bombing out past the barrier?"

"Apparently, they first hit a safe zone in Portland."

"Portland?" Dariela pauses, "Jackson's safe zone."

"Yeah..."

"So it took two bombings for you to go after Jackson."

"I'm not going after Jackson, I am going to help track down a woman who is killing innocent people."

"But going to see Jackson is a bonus, right?" Dariela jokes.

"No..."

"Come on... You know you still love him..."

"Yeah, yeah. And he loves me, I got the runaround from Logan."

"I hate to admit it but, he's right." Dariela chuckles.

"If it was I would be there with him right now and we wouldn't have spent the past ten years apart."

"Kat, come on, that isn't fair to either of you. You two went through an extremely traumatic experience, while saving the world, and then Jackson was blamed for it. I don't know that any marriage would survive that."

"Yeah, I don't know." I sigh, "Doesn't much matter, I can't act like I know him anyway. After all he's not Jackson anymore."

"He's just changed his name."

"And his whole story."

"At least this way if there is anything left for you two to work out, you can."

"Yeah, you're right."

"Go get your boy." Dariela chuckles, "And come back in one piece, Isaac needs his Aunt."