Mexico

We get everything loaded up, from how Jackson has been living here in Portland, I don't think it would have taken him much longer to pack up his whole life and he might as well have. I can't imagine he will be able to come back to Portland after telling Tessa about who he really is. It breaks my heart to see the saddened look on his face. I haven't seen it since I told him I couldn't leave with him and I was going to stay in Ann Arbor, it wasn't long after this that I sent him the divorce papers. The three of us head down to Yucatan, Mexico to, hopefully, find Abigail and put an end to this before it spirals out of control.

When we get to our desired location, I look around, a bit confused and concerned, "the hybrids aren't here."

"Abigail might be." Logan shrugs.

"Let's move in." Jackson, who had been looking at a small log cabin, lowers his binoculars then looks to Logan and I. The three of us slowly approach the cabin, looking around as we do. When we get onto the porch, I reach for the door handle, but Jackson stops me, "uh huh," he shakes his head, "there is no way you're going in first."

"Why?" I shrug.

"Because I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you."

"Relax, I'm not your responsibility anymore, haven't been for a while."

"The promise I made to your father, says otherwise." Jackson shakes his head and give me a look that tells me he's serious.

"Fine," I put my heads up, stepping away from the door. "Go ahead.

"Thank you." Jackson takes a deep breath, before opening the door.

Once he moves in I follow Logan coming in after me. We search the cabin and soon I walk into a small bedroom, probably the only one this place has, and see a man standing in front of the window. It takes me a minute to realize who it is I'm staring at, "Mitch?"

The man turns to me and it is clearly Mitch, but he doesn't look like he's aged at all, "Kit Kat?"

"You're alive?" I almost run over to Mitch and hug him.

"Uh..." Mitch hugs me back, "yeah."

"How are you here right now?"

"I don't know. I mean, I... I know this place, but I've never been here before, and now you're here," I hear someone come in behind me, "with Jackson. nice to see you two are still together."

"We're not." Jackson calls out.

"What? When did that happen."

"You've got a lot to catch up on, Doctor." I chuckle, turning when I see someone come in from the other side of the room, "Clementine? Jamie?"

"Kat?" Clementine's focus is pulled behind me, "Jackson and Logan? Well, this is more than a little weird." Clementine looks from the boys to her father.

"How are you all here?" Logan looks around the group.

"What is that thing?" Clem points to a device on the nightstand in the room.

I walk over to it and pull out a disc that looks like the one Jackson and Tessa found. "Jackson, this disc is the exact same one Abigail left in Portland."

Before Jackson can step over to me, his phone goes off, "hello?" While I can't hear the person on the other end of the line, I can tell Jackson isn't happy about taking their call, "Listen to me, I want you to understand something, I am going to find you and I'm gonna stop you. Do you get that?" Jackson's breathing becomes heavy and rough, before he takes the phone away from his ear.

It isn't long that he does, that the box begins to whir and beep, "why is this thing moving?" I take a step back.

"The way you react to it, you'd think it's a snake." Jackson smirks as he looks over to me.

"Ha ha, you know I hate those things."

The whirring and beeping gets louder, to the point I almost can't think, all I can hear is Jackson shout, "hey! We gotta get out of here!"

"Guys." Jamie looks out the window, when I look out I see the flying hybrids heading toward us.

I shake my head, "it's a beacon. Abigail's bringing the hybrids here."

Jackson shakes a deep breath, remembering what we saw in Portland, "I think they're about to move under us!"

"And then what?" Jamie looks over to Jackson and I, since we are looking out the same window.

Mitch steps over to the beacon and tries anything he can to turn it off, but instead the machine zaps him, "I'm just gonna assume there's no off switch."

The bird-like creatures begin to fly into the ground, causing the ground around the cabin to shake, "that can't be good," Clem looks over to us.

Jamie looks back out the window, "is anyone else freaked out by the fact that they're flying?"

"That not all they do." I shake my head, "how about we go and we will explain later?"

Jamie nods, "yeah, okay."

The group runs out of the cabin, Logan leading everyone with Jamie, Jackson and I following behind. Mitch running back with us, "so, what brings you two south of the border?"

"We're tracking a woman." Jackson almost shouts at him.

"With your ex-wife? That's a new one."

I shake my head, "she bombed a refugee camp in Portland. More importantly, where the hell have you been?"

"No, the more important question is why are you two divorce. But I have been hibernating in a healing tank. Rescued by a fake daughter. Shot real daughter. Found an evil Shepherd device in my skull. Brain surgery with a farm animal. Freaky new memories brought me here."

"Oh, so an average Tuesday."

"Of us, yeah."

We finally get to the copter and watch as it is pulled into the ground. "Oh," Logan groans, "Sarge is not gonna be happy."

Jamie takes a deep breath, "plan B. Let's get to the truck."

Luckily for us, the plane isn't far away, unfortunately, there are six people, trying to pile into a five person truck, so I end up riding on Jackson's lap. We awkwardly try to avoid any form of eye contact as Logan chuckles, "just like old times, huh?"

"Logan, shut up," I glare over to him.

"Yes, ma'am."