Levi x Injured!Reader ~ River

Request: Hello! First of all, I love your writing!! <3 Could you do a Levi x reader scenario that takes place in the current events in the manga and reader protects Levi from getting injured by shielding Levi with her body and throwing themselves off the wagon in which the explosion occurred? Also, it would make me so happy if you could add some fluff when the reader gains her consciousness and encounters Levi <3

Warning: Cursing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It happened too fast.

Zeke had ripped the trigger from his neck and had activated the thunderbolt which he was impaled with.

Before Levi was caught in the blast I had quickly swiped in, putting my back towards the explosion as I wrapped my arms protectively around Levi. Hearing him grunt from slight pain as I dropped him a few seconds after the blast happened sending me skyrocketing towards the river that was harshly flowing next to the wagon that was next to it. Rain pelted down onto us as well, it didn't help one bit with the current situation.

I could see Levi land on the soaked grass rolling over and bringing himself to his knees as I rocketed above the river. Soon a chilling coldness engulfed my body indicating that I was now in the harsh flows of the flow, the water flogged and send me down a brutal way as I struggled to stay on top at the surface. Thrashing and waving my arms around as panic settled in the water spurted up against my face as I continued downstream. ''He-Help!'' I manage to yell flapping my arms frantically as water slips into my mouth sending me into a coughing fit.

''F/N!''

I could see a figure trying to keep up with the strong current of the water, Levi's raven hair was soaked along with his clothes. He trained his orbs on my struggling figure as he ran alongside the river. ''F/N! Stay calm!'' he tried as I felt myself being sucked under, eyes widening I struggle to rise back above.

A panging pain seared at the back of my head, sending waves of nausea throughout my form. Tiredness settling in as I start to float above the violent waves of water, looking up to the dark-clouded sky as Levi's calls only get more muffled and muffled by the crashing sounds that took over my ears.

An empty darkness overtakes me.

I went unconscious.

// Time Skip - A Few Hours Later \

I hear the birds chirping sweetly, a warm and welcoming light peering down onto me. Lazily opening my eyes I look up and see a large oak tree loom its branches over my figure, bright blue skies dusted with puffy clouds replaced the depressing one from a few hours ago. Sitting up slightly I lay on some sort of gravel as a nice and calm little lake lay in front of me, water clear as crystal. Trees outlined the small lake which was connected to the river somehow with nice flowers and green grass accompanying them.

I sighed in relief at the calming scenery and lay back down, clothes stuck to my skin, some parts torn and dirtied. My hair was wet and was presumably in knots despite being in a ponytail. Spreading my arms out to the sides I lay back down on the gravel shoreline listening to the wildlife and nature live at its peak from all directions around me.

I start to feel myself being lulled into a lovely peaceful sleep, oh how I love slee-

''F-F/N?!''

There goes any hope of rest.

Opening my eyes I hear the stones of the shore crunch rapidly until Levi looms over me, looking down to me with worried eyes, raven hair soaked and stuck to his clear pale skin as his gunmetal orbs. Offering him a small smile he kneels next to me, bringing my head up to rest on his lap. ''Damn Levi where were you? I was beginning to think you left me to die'' I tease as he scowls ''I'll have you know I've been fucking following that river for god knows how long to find you'' he retorts playfully leaning down and placing a gentle kiss to my lips.

We decided to move off the shoreline into the grass against the oak tree, leaning in against him I rest my head on his shoulder as we look out towards the lake.

''Love you shorty..''