Author's Note

Hello, nice to meet you! I am Zai.

First off, I just wanted to say that I am only here because I really, really, really love DiYue. They have gotten me through so many dark times in the past year and I just want to be able to share my take on their beautiful relationship (whatever that is, specifically) through fan fiction.

Second, I haven't written a full-blown fic before. To those who have been nice enough to bear with my one shot stories, you know how I never wrote multi-chapter fics because I can never commit to them due to the insane demands of my job and because well, admittingly, I am lazy.

Third, I do not have a layout of how this whole story is going pan out. That's just not who I am. I never lay out my narrative and instead, I let it unravel before my eyes. Most of the time, I only have this 'thing' that I want the story to revolve around on, but I always create scenarios as I'm writing the story. In short, people have different ways of writing and mine just happens to be the lazy way.

Fourth, based on the prologue, you may already conclude that this is one of my signature sad stories.  I cannot promise that it won't be sad at all, but if there's anything I learned about writing, it's that the story has to deserve its happy ending, not the other way around.

And lastly, I just want to put a huge disclaimer out there that if the plot you see in this story is somehow identical to something that you may have already seen or read somewhere before, I apologize. There are already so many material out there and I don't consider myself that good of a writer to be able to say, 100%, that this story (or some part of it) isn't going to have some resemblance to something that's already been published or has been seen in movies and/or TV shows. But of course, I will try my best to own this story.

Thank you, and here's to hoping I complete this, let alone  finish 5 chapters because like I keep repeating, I am lazy and never not tired.