XV - ∞

When Shen Yue touched the scrapbook, it felt like some sort of reconfiguration took place in her brain. The front cover, which simply read 'To My Moon' with a photo of her, hit differently, even if he really did call her that sometimes.

She felt nothing but excitement when she saw it, but any indication that she did was hidden by her composed facade. She could feel Wang He Di's penetrating stare beside her, but forced herself to focus on what she had in her hand.

Didi has never done something like this before. He always made her feel special, yes, but she never thought he had the attention span needed to create something like this. A move like this was her thing, so she felt like something was off.

"What is this?" she finally asked.

He flashed a grimace at her, briefly losing his composure with her sudden query. "It's a scrapbook."

"And?"

"It says, 'To My Moon,'" he detailed.

"Yeah, I can read," she snapped back. "I meant, what's inside?"

"Isn't that technically against your 'don't-tell-me-anything-if-you-wouldn't-tell-me-everything' rule? Shouldn't you find out yourself? I already gave you something, but only if you open and read it will you know about the rest."

She shook her head before breathing out heavily. "I mean, where even is everyone?"

"Being supportive?"

"What?" she said, exasperated.

"Are you going to open that or not?" he pressured her. "Because I can just take it back, you know? If you're not interested in the first place."

She challenged him with a piercing stare but he just shrugged his shoulders. She then intensely rolled her eyes at him and proceeded to open the scrapbook.

A short note from him was written on the front page, with some photos of them plastered on the sides. It said:

inside, you'll find moments.

moments that may have seemed forgettable to you when they happened.

but to me, they were rare and golden; so much so that i had to take a picture and write about them.

i know deep down that you always felt like i didn't pay attention all the time, or as often as i should.

in some way, maybe that's true; but that doesn't mean that i don't care.

it just meant that i looked out for the little things that often go unnoticed.

this scrapbook is a collection of those little things, and i want you to know that to me, they mean the world.

just like you.

wang he di

When she finished reading the first page, he subtly whispered in the air, "Now you know what's inside."

She ignored this, but couldn't help but notice the growing lump in her throat and her increasing heartbeat.

"I mean, now that I think about it, I may have been unconsciously inspired by your 'i-only-write-about-the-things-that-i-wanted-to-remember' so it may not be super original, but I swear it's all me," he added.

Then she forged ahead. She nonchalantly turned the first page and on to the next, which again showed their photo in a special photoshoot and a title.