God Has Blessed

Ashley's P.O.V.

It was the morning of my twenty-second birthday and I kept hearing my ring tone go off. It was the song that Mary (Marie) had picked for my phone, Bad Boys. It's been my ringtone since we got out of the academy and I've just been too lazy to change it. As I sat up in my bed I grabbed my phone answering it with the most professional voice I could get, "Ashley Jacobs. How can I help you?" Just then a strong woman's voice came across the phone, "Ashley Jacobs? This is Erin Strauss from the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI." I shot to attention as soon as those words came out of her mouth. She continued with what she was saying, "I am calling to inform you that we here at the unit received you and your room mate, Marie Holder's, information from the academy and your college transcripts. We would love for you two to come in and do an interview with a team and myself." I blinked in shock, "Of-Of course ma'am. When would you like us to come in?" You could somewhat hear a smile on her voice, "Tomorrow morning, eight o'clock. The team will be back from their case and rested enough to talk then." I smiled and sighed softly, "Yes ma'am." Just as she hung up I screamed and ran out to the living room just to run into a tired yet awake Marie, "What the hell was that scream for?!" I laughed and hugged her, "Erin Strauss just called from the BAU!! We have an interview tomorrow!!!" She screamed and hugged me laughing, "This is amazing!!" For the first time in my life I felt like my life was going in the right direction. And it was so perfect.

After our little freak out session in the living room of our apartment we both went to our rooms to get dressed. After Marie changing into five different outfits we were soon ready for our day of shopping for our interview. Before we got out of our building we saw a man who was really tall and he had long hair. Myself being a 5'1 1/2 girl he was a giant. He was trying to unlock his door with all his bags in his hands. I smiled and walked over, "Need help?" He looked over tiredly, "Please if you could. I just got home from work and I'm exhausted." I smiled and took his keys from him and opened the door. I handed him his keys back and walked back to Marie. He watched us walk down the stairs and into the outside world. As I walked I thought to myself, 'Who was that guy? And why did he look at me like I was an alien?'

We soon were walking back to the apartment with out work clothing and Chinese food when I saw him again. He was talking to some black guy and blonde girl outside his room. I then locked eyes with him but quickly looked down as I walked pass all of the with Marie who was already eating an egg roll as she kept talking about her computer system. I pulled out the key to open our door and let Marie and the food in. I soon heard that guy yelling down the hall at me 'hey' over and over again. I acted like I didn't hear him as I walked in closing the door. I sighed softly and walked over to the table as Marie laid out the food. We both sat down and smiled eating. Marie was watching hair tutorials on her phone while was thinking about tomorrow. What is this team doesn't like me. I mean, I'm smart and graduated high school at the age of eleven. I have an IQ of 189. I got into college early and I went to the academy while continuing my college education. Maybe they will like me like Mary did went we found each other in the college library. I looked up at her as she made a weird face at her phone and chuckled softly. I shook my head softly as I continued eating with the chopsticks that the people gave us as she kept messing up with hers. I smiled and took hers as she went to say something. I tied a rubber band around them and handed them back to her as she smiled and continued earing. I smiled and ate more. Tomorrow is going to be good, it has to be.