(5) Junior Prom Season

It was Prom season at their high school all the guys was doing promposal and even though Briella was popular she wasn't dating anyone. She had decided that if someone didn't ask her she wasn't going to go. She saw as Maci got her prompropsal from Bucky who asked her using a volleyball since she was on the volleyball team. 

The weeks leading up to Prom Briella continued to wait and she finally gave up. Natasha and Wanda tried to convince her to come anyways but she didn't want to show up alone. The night of Prom Bucky was pulling out of his driveway to pick up Maci and saw Briella sitting on her front porch swing doing her home work. 

"What the fuck." he said to himself.

He sent her a text and said "Why aren't you dressed to go to prom?' as he drove down the road

"Cause nobody asked me to go." she texted back 

He slammed his brakes hard when he read her text and said "What the hell.. she's one of the most popular girls at the fucking school and nobody asked her" to himself. 

He went to pick up Maci and went on to prom with Maci. He saw that all the football players had asked other girls and some of the girls didn't even go to their school. Natasha said "Steve asked why some of the guys didn't bother to ask her." 

"I don't care Nat.." Bucky said 

"They thought that you were going to ask her.. since you both varsity captains." Steve said 

"I'm not Declan." he said 

After prom was over he went home to change and take Maci to the after prom party. He saw all the lights were off in Briella's house and he tried to text her to see if she was awake but she didn't answer. He went through her gate and tried to open her basement door and it was locked and all the lights were off downstairs. 

Bucky left and went to the party with Maci. The next day at football practice Mason said "Dude I can't believe you took Maci to prom you were suppose to take the cheer captain." 

"Mason why didn't you ask her she is a ex after all. Me and Briella don't get along you all know that so why in the fuck would I ask her to prom with me." he said 

They all shut up and Steve said "Buck.." 

"What?' he said

Bucky turned around and saw the cheerleaders standing there and she said "Okay girls get practice started just remember to be careful on the track." 

She walked over and said "And it's not like I would have said yes to him anyways I hate him and he hates me so fucking let it go. We aren't Chloe and Declan." as she walked away. 

That night she was sitting down at the lake with her feet in the lake as she sat on the dock. Bucky got home from practice and he saw her jeep missing he texted her to ask where she was. 

She got it and ignored it. 

He got in his truck and drove down to the lake docks. He knew her ignoring him meant she was wanting to be alone. He walked down the dock and she got up and started to walk away. "Hey.. why didn't you just go alone.' he said 

"Cause I'm the most popular girl in school every guy at the school would rather take someone that doesn't go to our school. And I wouldn't have said yes to you I would have thrown it back in your face cause I hate you Bucky. That's never going to change." she said 

"I hate you too Briella I was just trying to be nice instead of an ass maybe you should stop being a bitch all the time and maybe you would have gotten asked to prom." he said 

She walked over to him and was about to smack him and he said "No..I have a girlfriend and the last time you smacked him while I had a girlfriend I slept with you and I lost Hadley." 

"Screw you." she said as she walked away. "Fuck you too" Bucky said