Beauty and the Beast

The lightning flashed and the thunder roared as the background sound effects. The whole auditorium where the play is held lit up then dimmed, setting the mood up for the play that's about to start.

"Your Highness..." the fairy Mian-mian called as she stared at the prince Lan Wangji's face. "I only just talked to Wei Wuxian, why should you hate me? He's the one who's interested in me... *cough" she spat out blood.

"He's mine." Lan Wangji said, his face serious as he coldly looked at the dying fairy.

"Very well." She said. "Have fun being a cut-sleeve as I watch you two from the side lines after I curse you to be a beast - !" she said and sprinkled the contents of her pouch. "Let's see if he'll love you now that your pretty face will turn to a hideous beast - !" she said and vanished, leaving a delicate flower inside the vase. "Once the last petal of this flower falls... if he still hasn't learned to love you, then you'll forever be a beast – " her voice said and finally faded.

(A/N: ... in the end just what did LWJ do to her?)

The prince turned and looked at the once brightly lit palace started to turn dark. The people turned to furniture.

"Wangji..." Lan Qiren called as he clutched his chest, coughing out blood. "Just why you didn't listen to me and turned gay...?" he asked as he finally turned to a clock.

His uncle coughing up blood doesn't have something to do with the curse since he's just angry, as always.

"Wangji..." Lan Xichen called and sighed as he started to turn to a wardrobe.

"HanGuang-jun, help us - !" Lan Jingyi called as he turned to a teacup.

"HanGuang-jun..." Lan Sizhui called and smiled, understanding, as he turned to candelabra.

Lan Wangji just lowered his head, admitting to his mistakes – but he never feel regret and actually didn't feel loving Wei Wuxian is a mistake.

"Wei Ying..." he muttered as he turned to a beast.

(A/N: ... why the hell this is the premise? Oh well, whatever XD)

The whole auditorium flickered from light to dark, fast, as the stage staff also hurriedly change the backdrop to a small, provincial town –

"Good morning, Ying-belle." An old man greeted.

Err, no. This is the sing-along scene. Let's rewind for a bit –

The lights focused to a lone house at the edge of the small, provincial town. It is the Jiang household.

Jiang Fengmian is a single father and had three children. He is a merchant.

He smiled as he turned to his them before he leaves. "What would you like for a present when I come back?" he asked and smiled.

"Just a rose." Jiang Yanli answered.

"Hey. Isn't that Ying-belle supposed to ask father for?" Jiang Cheng asked, puzzled.

Jiang Yanlijust chuckled as she turned to Ying-belle.

Ying-belle grinned. "Emperor's Smile!" he answered, smiling brightly.

"I should've known..." Jiang Cheng sighed as he did a face-palm.

Jiang Fengmian wanted to grimace, but instead just smiled. "Alright." He said and walked away. "I wish I could ask even just a cup of the liquor from the beast in the castle." He muttered and sighed. "Ah. Ah Cheng still hasn't told me his present – " he said and turned, but the stage's backdrop already changed.

The spotlight turned and focused on Ying-belle as he skipped while humming.

"Little town... full of little people... waking up to say...~" he sang as he stopped and turned to watch the people opened their window.