Mulan

(A/N: don't panic. I just 'moved' the book here since this is where it should be 😂😂😂😂 i'll part this into two. To not occupy much in this parent book Disney AU).)

Summary:

Wei Wuxian was adopted by Jiang Fengmian. However, he was afraid that Yu Ziyuan will think he will make Wei Wuxian inherit the family instead of Jiang Cheng. And so, Wei Wuxian was made to dress as a girl. He grew up thinking he was a girl. When the empire was in peril, he joined the army in place of Jiang Fengmian to pay him for saving him when he was a child. However, he didn’t know he will learn the truth of his identity in this haste decision of his.

Identity

As far as Wei Wuxian can remember, he has no parents. It was Jiang Fengmian who took him in and raised him. However, Yu Ziyuan – Jiang Fengmian’s wife, hates him. Jiang Yanli, the eldest child and their daughter is very kind to him. Jiang Cheng, on the other hand, is casual.

“It is time for the matchmaking. Let’s hire someone to help her dress up. She can’t disgrace our family.” Yu Ziyuan said. She is a headstrong woman. Even Jiang Fengmian felt helpless towards her.

“Mother. Let me help A-Xian.” Jiang Yanli said and smiled at Wei Wuxian who is stuffing his mouth with a dumpling.

A vein popped in Yu Ziyuan’s forehead and Jiang Fengmian grimaced at this sight. “Before learning how to dress up, why doesn’t she learn of etiquette?” Yu Ziyuan said, rubbing her temple when her head ached.

Jiang Cheng just drink his tea, not commenting on this matter. Wei Wuxian gulped down the food on his mouth. “Yes! I can dress up myself!” he said. “I’ll bring honor to the family!” he added and smiled brightly.

Jiang Fengmian let out a sigh of relief. He knew Wei Wuxian is a boy. He picked him up on the roadside when he saw him. Cangse Sanren’s letter to take Wei Wuxian from their house came late to him. And so he found the poor boy sitting on the dirty ground, looking cold. He immediately took him in and brought him home.

However, Yu Ziyuan quarreled with him when she saw the child. “You dare take someone else’s child?! And you want to register him to our family?!” she said.

Jiang Fengmian froze. He wanted to take the child in, but putting his name on their family register never occurred to his mind. Wei Wuxian is still Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze’s child.  However, Yu Ziyuan... a thought flashed in his mind.

“I have no plan.” He answered. “Also... she is a girl.” He told her.

Yu Ziyuan’s face eased when he said it. She actually has no problem to register the child’s name to their family – if she is a girl. If he was a boy, even if he isn’t Jiang Fengmian’s child, but the boy will still have to get something from them. This is a matter of inheritance. Their family only belongs to the future heir – Jiang Cheng.

“Very well.” She said and left.

Jiang Fengmian was left alone on their doorstep. “A-Xian.” He called. “From now on, you will dress up like your Yanli-jie. You shouldn’t let others look at your body. You understand?” he told him.

“Yes!” Wei Wuxian answered.

And thus he started to live as a girl.

Matchmaking

Even though Wei Wuxian isn’t blood-related to them, he still can’t marry Jiang Cheng. They grew up together as siblings, and Yu Ziyuan wouldn’t allow it even if they’d fell in love with each other.

“Even though Jin Zixuan is a soldier, but his family were all businessmen.” Yu Ziyuan said, referring to the person Jiang Yanli married to. Today she isn’t around since she finished her visitation to her family. Jiang Cheng cannot possibly accompany them since this is a matchmaking. And so Jiang Cheng and Jiang Fengmian were left in the residence. “You should do your best so that the matchmaker should be impressed!” Yu Ziyuan who is accompanying him today told him. “Go.” She told him.