The Boy In The Polka Dotted Bikini, Chapter Sixteen.

Chapter Sixteen

-- Ian's P.O.V -

Vance was grinning his annoying grin.

"What the fuck are you happy about?" I asked, spinning the gun around in circles. Leonardo was handling some 'business' and then he was giving us a job. How I hated jobs, with a passion. They always involved using this gun right here.

"I know something you don't know, little cousin" he smirked, and the door opened. Out came two of Leonardo's men carrying a small white man; his hair was gone and he was cursing in some language I wasn't sure what it was. Russian, maybe?

"Ian. Vance. Come here," Leonardo spoke and we got up and walked in. I shoved my gun into the belt of my pants, and pulled my shirt over it. Once we got into his office, it seemed too big for some reason.

"You all have met my daughter, Annabel?" he said pointing to a black, blue eyed beauty. She was gorgeous, no doubt about it, but not as gorgeous as Willow. My heart squeezed in pain, as her soft brown hair and entrancing green eyes popped into my head.

"Yes we have" Vance spoke, as I stared out the window.

"Well, Ian, since you are the youngest of my men, I need you to marry my daughter," he said, and my eyes widened. Vance face paled, and so did Annabel's.

"You see, my wife's father was a greedy man, and he left all his money to his sacred granddaughter. The only way she can get that money is if she marries. I need that money" he explained, his eyes holding that wild look, daring us to speak against him.

"Dad! I don't want to marry him, not now, not ever!" Annabel screamed, standing up and slamming her hands onto his desk. His nostrils flared, and I wanted to scream out but I knew he wouldn't think twice about killing me.

"Annabel Flatina, Don't you ever talk back to me! You will get married to this fool, end of discussion. Now all of you leave my office," he roared, and she opened her mouth to protest but he slammed his fist on the table. "NOW!" he screamed, and she pursed her lips together and stomped out of his office.

"Ian," he said as I was about to follow. Vance was already out of the door.

"Yes, sir?" I asked, spinning around to face him.

"I expect you to take good care of my daughter," he said and then with a wave of his hand, I knew I was dismissed. I walked out, and stopped cold in my tracks.

Vance had Annabel in a comforting embrace.

"Vance, I don't want to marry him" Annabel whispered. They haven't noticed I was there yet. I could tell because Vance leaned down and placed a small kiss on her lips. The kiss didn't look like a kiss you would give your sister either.

"I will fix it. I promise," he whispered, and his voice held love and devotion and for the first time in all our childhood, I saw my cousin show weakness, as he placed a comforting peck on her forehead and watched her walk away.

"You love her," I spoke, and he whipped around. He was in my face in a matter of seconds, his finger pointed at me in a threatening matter.

"Don't you dare tell anyone about what you saw, and also you're not marrying her," he spat, and I narrowed my eyes. Did he think I wanted to marry her? No I didn't, but saying no would be committing suicide and that wasn't going to happen.

"I have to," I said with a shrug, and pushed past him. He pulled me back and I spun around, thinking of the way he took me away from Willow. I couldn't let him get his happy ending, if I couldn't get mine. It wasn't fair.

"Get your hands off of me," I growled.

"You can't marry her, please" he begged, and I pushed him away from me.

"Sometimes we don't get want we want," I said, in a matter of fact tone. He looked confused for a moment, but as realization hit him, his eyes hardened. I walked away, not giving him a chance to say anything. I didn't want to hear it; I missed her too much right now. I wished I could see her, but I knew by not seeing her, I was keeping her safe.

-- Candy's P.O.V --

I fluffed her pillow one more time, and earned an irritated sigh.

"Mom. My leg's broken, not my whole darn body," Melody complained, and I sighed, sitting at the edge of her bed.

I pushed her hair out of her eyes.

"I'm sorry, honey. I'm just worried, that's all," I whispered and she smiled a tired smile, letting a yawn escape.

"Well don't be, Mom. I'm fine. Now go away," she said with a grin, and I nodded reluctantly, kissing her forehead one more time before walking downstairs. Derrek was sprawled on my couch, flipping through channels.

"Get your feet off my furniture," I chastised and he slid his feet off, and rolled his eyes. I smiled, Derrek. I think I've fallen for him, hard too. He's been there for me, since the accident, he came with me on all those trips back and forth from the hospital. My shoulder to cry on, when things became too hard.

I walked to the couch, and sat down, leaning my head on his shoulder, and sighed a relieved sigh.

"What happened?" he murmured as his fingers ran through my hair.

I smiled as my eyes closed.

"Nothing, I'm just really happy," I said slowly, and looked up at him. His eyes were glistening with a feeling, I wasn't sure what the feeling was, but whatever it was made his whole face brighten up.

I don't know why I did it, or what possessed my body to do it, but I pressed my lips firmly against his soft ones. His lips immediately reacted to it, and we were kissing. Then, we were making out, and I was on my back and he was on top of me. His hands running up and down my sides, and making me moan from pleasure.

My legs wrapped around his waist, as I took off his shirt. Our lips never separated as he then took off my shirt and then his hands were at my zipper. I stopped him though.

"What are we doing?" I breathed out, and he looked confused.

"I don't think I have to have the birds and bees talk with you. I mean, you did have a kid," he chuckled, and leaned down towards my neck, trailing little kisses I was really enjoying. I couldn't do this though, this guy I really liked.

I pushed him away forcefully, and pulled away from him.

"I can't do this" I whispered, grabbing my shirt and slipping it on, fixing my hair, and looking at him.

"Why not? What's wrong with me?" he asked, his face showing nothing but hurt and I bit my lower lip.

"Nothing's wrong with you; that's the problem. I like you, I like you too much. I don't want to have sex with you, and then lose you," I whispered, and he looked shocked. I blew it. I lost him for sure, He probably only thought of me as the whore from school.

He scooted towards me, and put a finger under my chin and made me look at him. He smiled a genuine smile.

"I like you too Candy. I like you a lot also," he whispered, and my whole face brightened. He liked me. He really liked me. He leaned in and placed a soft and gentle kiss on my lips. He patted the spot next to him, and I curled into him, laying my head on his shoulder. I like this. I like this a lot more then sex. I sighed, content, until a thought popped into my head.

Melody. I still had to tell him that Melody was his daughter, and tell Melody that this man I fell hard for is her father. I bit my lower lip; this was going to be hard.

Very, very hard.