The Strings That Tie Us Together

Maxon had cut the string. Or, at least he had handed me the sissors. I was no longer America's, and she was no longer mine. Surprisingly, I was fine with that. I had Lucy now, and she had Maxon. Her true love.

But how fine was I really?

From the moment I had given America away at her wedding, I had felt a loss. As she and Maxon said their vows, I realized what it was. The string that had tied us together was no longer. We were no longer two teenagers from Carolina that had fallen in love and broken up. We were adults that had experienced things that no one should experience at this age. She was a queen, and I was a guard. And we had both found love.

Maxon may have cut the string between us, but that string needed to be cut. The knots were too tangled to be just simply untied. A part of me would always be tied to her, no matter how much Maxon might cut. But what tied America and I together wasn't romantic love, like before. It was understanding. It was respect. And above all, it was friendship.

Just a quick passage about Aspen's feelings for America after the wedding. Hope you enjoyed!

Also, please read my message that I added to my message board!

-theselectionseriesfan