Dark Nights

"Seungcheol?" Jisoo's voice rang out from behind him.
He turned around just as Jisoo walked up to him, "No news about Jeonghan, I just came out to check on you, make sure you're ok," Steam escaped his mouth as he spoke due to the cold air.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just went to the drug store across the street-"

"To buy cigarettes? Seungcheol, you haven't smoked in years. You're been doing so good. Why are you smoking again?" Jisoo whined.

Seungcheol looked down at his cigarette, then looked back at him, "We're all very stressed out right now, you saw me throw a temper tantrum in the waiting room. This'll help me, just for now." He said, dropping the smoke on the ground and snuffing it out with his shoe.

Jisoo nodded, running his fingers through his bright purple hair; the golden-orange glow of the impending sunset illuminated his mesmerizing, delicate features. He bit his lip slightly, the corner of his mouth twitching. His eyes followed the passing cars that drove down the street, he didn't notice Seungcheol staring at him.

"You told me he wouldn't overdose on diet pills," the leader said finally, breaking the awkward silence.

Jisoo locked eyes with him again, "I know and I'm sorry," He replied, rubbing his forehead.

Seungcheol sighed, glancing up at the streetlight above them, "Don't beat yourself up over it; what's done is done. All we can do now is wait and hope for the best."

Jisoo nodded once more, flashing him a bittersweet smile when they locked eyes again.
Seungcheol reached into his pocket for another cigarette; resting it between his lips as he lit it.

"Can you spare a light?" Jisoo mumbled, Seungcheol almost didn't hear him. He was surprised, since Jisoo hasn't smoked since high school either.
He handed him a cigarette anyway, lighting it for him.
"Are we gonna talk about..." Jisoo trailed off, blowing a stream of smoke into the air and stifling a few coughs, making Seungcheol chuckle.

"Talk about what?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. His feet shuffled on the concrete as he took a small step towards him.

Jisoo stared at the ground, his fingers carefully fiddling with the cigarette, "We got in a fight, I started crying, I told you about my feelings, you kissed me, then you ran away." he said bluntly.

"Right...That," Seungcheol took a puff of his cigarette, chuckling awkwardly.

"Why did you kiss me?" Jisoo asked, frowning, "Do you have feelings for me or...do you just feel bad for me?"

Those are the questions Seungcheol had been trying not to think about lately. There's no escaping it now, he had to answer him. Seungcheol took a step toward him, "Jisoo...I..."

"-I know," -Jisoo cut him off, drawing his cigarette up to his lips- "You're with Jeonghan; nothing's every gonna happen between us."

Seungcheol rubbed his eyes, the cold wind making him tear up, "Jisoo, maybe I do like you but..b-but I don't know what to tell you. There is a much more pressing matter to deal with. Jeonghan, the man we both love, is in a fucking coma right now. I can't even begin to think about 'us' until I know he's gonna be ok!" He explained to Jisoo, his voice getting louder with each word, "Hm sorry, didn't mean to yell."

Jisoo stared at him, the streetlights reflected off of his almond-coloured eyes, "Y-you're right, you're completely right. I'm sorry. We shouldn't be pressing the matter any further, not for awhile."

Seungcheol sighed, "It's ok, I'm not mad at you, I'm just frustrated and stressed; I'm sure you are too," -'I took a drag of my smoke, pausing for dramatic effect'- "I will tell you what I know, though. I definitely liked the kiss," he finished, flashing Jisoo a brief grin.