Chapter 2

Maya's POV

Summer in New York was something I wasn't used to. I didn't know what to do and how to act with everyone.

Cory and Topanga ended up staying together and went for a three month vacation around Spain a week ago. Riley didn't want to stay with her grandparents so she came up to New York with me.

"So what do you want to do today?" Riley walked into my room.

"I don't know," I said not looking up from my notebook.

"Maya you can't just wasted away the summer," she sat down on my bed next to me, "I know things ended badly with you and Lucas but-"

"Don't talk about him," I look up from the notebook, "I just got over him."

"I get it."

"Do you?"

"Trust me there were tons of girls Lucas dumped."

"Great so I'm with a ton other girls."

"No that's not what I meant," Riley said.

"I got what you meant," I got up from my bed.

I walked over to my dresser and picked up the picture frame with his face in it.

"Why don't you get rid of these pictures with Lucas?" Riley stands up and takes the picture from me.

"That's from the night we broke up," I said.

"Why did you get it printed?"

"I thought we would get back together by then," I sat back down on the bed.

"You never told me what happened the night you broke up," Riley sat down on the chair near my bed.

"Lucas didn't tell you," I said.

"I haven't seen him in months," Riley said.

Riley wasn't the only one who hadn't seen Lucas lately. Farkle texted me a month ago wondering if I had heard from Lucas.

"You too?" I asked.

"Who else?" Riley asked.

"Farkle hasn't heard from him."