Chapter 4

Maya's POV

It's 7:00 in the morning and I'm sitting on my phone reading trashy magazines about boys. Riley was fast asleep on the pull out couch in my room. I heard a knock at my front door.

I looked in the mirror and my hair was a mess. I quickly took a brush to my hair and put it into a side braid.

When I get to the door and looked into the peephole and I figured to see my mom but instead I see Farkle. I flung the door open and he's standing their holding a bag.

"Farkle," a smile beams onto my face.

Farkle smiles and drops his bag, "Maya!"

I run into his arms and he spins me around. This is the first time I've seen him since the night Lucas and I broke up.

"I've missed you so much," Farkle put me down.

"Missed you too," I said fixing my shirt.

Farkle walks over and sits down on the couch and looks around, "So where's Riley?"

"She's passed out up stairs," I said sitting down next to him.

"Things never change," Farkle laughs.

"How are your parents?" I asked.

"They sent me a couple pictures of them."

"Did they look happy?"

"They actually did."

"What ever they did must have worked," I said.

"Yeah so I have to tell you something but you can't freak out," Farkle turns to me.

My eyes widen, "Tell me."

"Lucas didn't show up for his move out day."

"Where is he?"

"I'm not sure but I have a pretty good idea about where he is."

"Where?"

"The beach house."