Chapter 21

Maya's POV

Everyone's laying down in my old room listening to the rain hitting the trees. It's probably been raining for 24 hours straight and I doesn't look like it's going to stop.

Riley's laying on my bed reading a magazine flipping through the gossip. Farkle and Lucas are both laying on the floor having thumb wars.

"I'm so hungry," Riley complains.

"Go eat something then," Lucas says pointing towards the door.

"Can someone come with me then?" Riley asks standing up.

I want both Farkle and Lucas to go with her but Farkle volunteers to go with her. Once they both leave Lucas comes over and sits with me near the window.

"So what's up with you and Farkle?" Lucas hits his foot against mine.

I don't turn towards him, "What are you talking about?"

"Are you two like a thing now?" I don't have to look over to know he's smirking.

"Why are you jealous?"

"No but if he's planning on dating you I should probably give him some tips."

"Yeah cause you were such a great boyfriend."

"Better than most guys."

"Yeah I'm sure most guys let their girlfriends think they aren't coming to an important show."

"It was going to be romantic."

"That worked out well."

Lucas doesn't say anything back for a moment, "Your the same old Maya you used to be."

"What does that mean?"

"Your still playing with everyone's heart."

"I'm not playing with anyone's heart."

"Really because your still playing with Farkle's."

"It's not my fault that I can't get over you and that he likes me. If I could be over you I would. I hate the fact that your brother loves me and I can't show anything back if I could I would."

Riley slowly walks into the room with Farkle, "Uhhh we got some food."

I stand up and walk out the door, "I'm not hungry."