Chapter 14

Maya's POV

Farkle's holding my hand and I'm trying to keep everything in as we walk up to Freddie's house. I knock on the door slowly and try to hold down my lunch from earlier.

"Relax," Farkle squeezes my hand.

That only makes me even more nervous and makes me feel worse. He's acting so calm and I hate that I'm using him.

"I'm trying," I take a deep breath.

The door swings open and Mrs. Potter is standing with a big smile on her face.

"Maya you looks so pretty," Mrs. Potter smile grows bigger.

I only took me an hour to decide what to wear to this dinner thing.

"Thanks Mrs. Potter you look nice too," I smiled.

"Thanks dear," she smiles again, "Farkle you look nice too."

Farkle says, "Thank you."

"Come on," she waves.

I step into his house for the first time since one summer ago. Things still look the same from last year with the same pictures.

"Freddie your friends are here," Mrs. Potter yells.

"Nan who did you invite over?" Freddie yells from I think the top of the stairs.

Oh great Mrs. Potter didn't even tell Freddie that I was coming over. More importantly that I was fake dating Farkle.

"Come down and see for yourself," she yells back.

I hear him coming down the steps and he stops when he can finally see me.

"Maya?" he looks confused.

I blush a little, "Hey."